Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Daily Builds

New Cosmos browser

<< < (2/9) > >>

TomG:
Just had this myself :) I can now pretend to be clever and share what Benji in support told me which resolved it for me:

-Install the latest Cosmos version (I've downloaded it from chaos website, https://download.chaosgroup.com/?platform=47&product=62 )
-Close the Cosmos tab in the web browser
-Close C4D
-Run the "Start Chaos Cosmos Browser" app (from your Windows start menu)
-Re-open C4D and launch Cosmos

lollolo:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2022-02-03, 17:44:12 ---Just had this myself :) I can now pretend to be clever and share what Benji in support told me which resolved it for me:

-Install the latest Cosmos version (I've downloaded it from chaos website, https://download.chaosgroup.com/?platform=47&product=62 )
-Close the Cosmos tab in the web browser
-Close C4D
-Run the "Start Chaos Cosmos Browser" app (from your Windows start menu)
-Re-open C4D and launch Cosmos

--- End quote ---

Thank you, it works! V8 is really an amazing release! Good work!

Cinemike:
Thanks for the detailed instruction to get the browser running. The selection of objects is great!

An observation:
Load a Cosmos object and import it. The proxy is scaled to "10" in X, Y and Z, but this gives it the proper and expected size.
Now "Dupilcate to Mesh". The created mesh is scales to "1" in X, Y and Z, but this also means that humans, for example, are less than 20 cm tall (great if you plan to shoot the next hobbit movie).

Btw, a scale other than 1,1,1 is undesired in C4D in general, at least for objects in their original state.

PS
Would it be possible to store the downloaded objects under their name (and import them in the scene under this name as well)?
So the "Bus 005" gets saved under that name and also appears under this name in the scene, so we don't end up with several dozens of objects named "Corona Proxy"?

Stefan-L:
"Would it be possible to store the downloaded objects under their name "

+1 just wanted to ask same:)

Stefan-L:
i think i found a small bug yet:
some cosmos objects import with empty material tags, i think this happens when a material is applied more than one time in original cosmos file.

you see this for example on the tree called "Rowan 002".
when i import it via v-ray it has 5 material tags with 3 unique materials applied tot he 5 tags.
in corona it has also 5 material tags but 2 of these material tags are empty(showing a "?"), - i assume the ones that needed one material applied 2x tot he object:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version