Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

Adaptivity and Shadow channel

<< < (2/4) > >>

tradstown:
Is there some news about this problem? I think this is very important bug for all of us. It's just can make Corona engine much faster. Hope it will not be ignored.

rowmanns:
Hi,

Unfortunately we don't have any updates on this one yet.

Thanks,

Rowan

tradstown:

--- Quote from: rowmanns on 2021-11-04, 09:47:11 ---Hi,

Unfortunately we don't have any updates on this one yet.

Thanks,

Rowan

--- End quote ---

Thank you for reply! Hope it will be fixed in a nearest future.

tradstown:

--- Quote from: maru on 2021-10-04, 17:20:05 ---We already have this logged.
What you see is the effect of using the adaptive environment sampler. I do not have any explanations from the dev team yet, but I guess it makes rendering faster this way (and also makes it looks weird in the sampling focus element).
The shadows element issues look like a bug and we will look into it.

As a temporary workaround, you can try changing the adaptive environment sampler to anything else than "adaptive" in the development/experimental stuff rollout - https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000021288

(Report ID=CRMAX-939)

--- End quote ---

Hello Maru. I tested other options in the developmend/experimental section of adaptivity and it was no changes. Just trying to help with this problem. Hope to hear some news about this when dev team will look at it.

tradstown:
Some new tests with 4K cache give same results - adaptive environment sampler doesn't work in a right way, as we saw earlier. Hope somebody will look at it soon!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version