Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 62365 times)

2019-08-23, 11:18:42
Reply #90

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Has anyone else had the IPR stop updating with scene changes mid-session?  I haven't quite narrowed it down but it seems like maybe it's connected to dragging-and-dropping a material from the Corona material library onto an object in the scene.  IPR keeps running (I think) but in order to incorporate scene changes you need to stop and start IPR.  A restart of Max is required to get things going normally again.    Using Max 2016 and the latest daily.

Yes i do, but for me it only happens in one particular scene, where IR locks and the only solution is to restart Max.

Hi,

Would you be able to provide me with the scene and we will investigate.

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi Rowan,
the scene is messy and old. I've noticed that if i delete almost everything from it, the bug won't happen, so it's most likely that some rouge object is causing the issues. I would like to find that object myself and send you for further investigation... i just need to find little bit of free time.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-08-23, 16:23:38
Reply #91

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi Rowan,
the scene is messy and old. I've noticed that if i delete almost everything from it, the bug won't happen, so it's most likely that some rouge object is causing the issues. I would like to find that object myself and send you for further investigation... i just need to find little bit of free time.

Sure thing, drop me a line when you manage to find it :)

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-08-23, 20:02:59
Reply #92

mvstudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would love to have some sort of UHD Cache frame skip calculation.something like "Every Nth Frame 'x'"
For cam fly through animation that will be great, I know we can do it separately limiting passes to 1. But to have this automatically would be great

2019-08-28, 00:35:02
Reply #93

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Daily build 27.08.2019 problems I found on the start:
- Light Mix does not disappear after you start it in IR, stop IR disable render elements. (Error Unhandled exception, no crash)
- Render > Batch Render > View01 / CoronaCamera001 Seems like VFB is only rendering a certain area of the render (an effect similar to blow up), the render looks fine from "Render"
- Canceling a render started by Render to texture or batch render does not stop the VFB icon to spin or the passes to calculate.
- Closing the 3ds max after having all those problems, left a ghost window of 3ds max with only window bar visible and black inside that cant be closed nor killed by the manager.

At this point, I went back to 4.1
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2019-08-28, 01:26:37
Reply #94

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, Daily build 27.08.2019 problems i found:
changing material with interactive and lightmix gets forever to preview, also sss materials took 3 or 4 times more than 4.1, went back to 4.1

2019-08-28, 10:50:05
Reply #95

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Daily build 27.08.2019 problems I found on the start:
- Light Mix does not disappear after you start it in IR, stop IR disable render elements. (Error Unhandled exception, no crash)
- Render > Batch Render > View01 / CoronaCamera001 Seems like VFB is only rendering a certain area of the render (an effect similar to blow up), the render looks fine from "Render"
- Canceling a render started by Render to texture or batch render does not stop the VFB icon to spin or the passes to calculate.
- Closing the 3ds max after having all those problems, left a ghost window of 3ds max with only window bar visible and black inside that cant be closed nor killed by the manager.

At this point, I went back to 4.1
Hi Tanakov,

I have some further questions;

Which version of 3ds Max are you using?

Do you have any further reproduction steps? Or is it literally;
  • Start IR
  • Stop IR
  • Disable render elements
  • Exception

Both of these work fine for me, do you have a specific scene where these issues occured?

This is really strange, I have not had this problem before. Can you capture a minidump from the process? Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Lastly, are all of your drivers up to date? The nividia denoiser now requires a newer version of the driver to fucntion correctly. (418.81 or later)

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-28, 11:50:59
Reply #96

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
changing material with interactive and lightmix gets forever to preview, also sss materials took 3 or 4 times more than 4.1, went back to 4.1

Hi,

Can you send me a scene where you are experiencing this behaviour? I am unable to reproduce it thus far.

also sss materials took 3 or 4 times more than 4.1, went back to 4.1

Can you provide some more information as to this and an example? Did it take 3 times more time? memory?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-28, 11:54:19
Reply #97

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
All,

A small PSA, before reporting bugs please please please can you read this document: How to Report Issues to Us

It really makes it so much easier for us to quickly reproduce, log and fix the issue when we have a clear description of what the problem is.

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2019-08-29, 12:15:35 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2019-08-28, 13:38:25
Reply #98

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will the IR crash on merge bug be fixed in the final release of 5? Or has it been addressed in a daily build thus far?

2019-08-28, 14:21:22
Reply #99

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Will the IR crash on merge bug be fixed in the final release of 5? Or has it been addressed in a daily build thus far?

Hi,

We are still working on this one, unfortunately I can't provide a timescale at the moment.. I'll do my best to keep you updated.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-28, 17:03:06
Reply #100

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, i went back to 4.1 and finish the scene, the sss issue was with porcelain ss from corona materials, just applied to a vase and it took more than 8 min for the first pass, and the issue with interactie also was with a default corona lamp shade material and fabric material aaplied to a lamp and a sofa, two differente momment 2 different users on different machines.

Hi,

Can you send me a scene where you are experiencing this behaviour? I am unable to reproduce it thus far.

also sss materials took 3 or 4 times more than 4.1, went back to 4.1

Can you provide some more information as to this and an example? Did it take 3 times more time? memory?

Thanks,

Rowan

2019-08-28, 18:15:07
Reply #101

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be interesting to get the scene - Porcelain SS applied to a standard teapot, on a plane, with a Corona Sun and Sky, Corona 4 and 5 took the same time to render the first pass for me.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-08-29, 13:19:01
Reply #102

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, i went back to 4.1 and finish the scene, the sss issue was with porcelain ss from corona materials, just applied to a vase and it took more than 8 min for the first pass, and the issue with interactie also was with a default corona lamp shade material and fabric material aaplied to a lamp and a sofa, two differente momment 2 different users on different machines.

Hi,

I also can't reproduce these issues, we'll definately need scenes for us to investigate.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-29, 14:09:38
Reply #103

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

<snip>

Hi,

We are still working on this one, unfortunately I can't provide a timescale at the moment.. I'll do my best to keep you updated.

Cheers,

Rowan

Ok thanks for the update. Hopefully by the time V5 Rolls around itll be fixed. Its a real bug bear of mine right now :(

2019-09-06, 13:37:26
Reply #104

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
I have just installed the latest build, and the viewport render selection is not working as it should. Randomly chooses to render or not while no indication of the render time or noise levels is provided. It literally showing blank space.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com