Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

Corona 1.6 render channels problems

(1/3) > >>

DotDesignStudio:
Hello,
I really like 1.6 but there is some problems with rendering channels, vfb and image editor.
Win 7, 3ds max 2016, Corona 1.6

1. When i check to save render output or CXR it saves one big cxr that i want AND all channels in smalles cxr, that are already included in big cxr. This is uselss doubling disk space. Normal EXR does not save channels added to main output.
2. When sharpen/blurring is on and you zoom in (3ds max, corona VFB) so you cant see all image borders there is a glitch. All cgeometry, cmask and alpha channels move down and right like 5 pixels when sharpen in on. It saves normally, but in VFB is not aligned with other channels. Fixed
3. When i save CXR and open it in image editor there is no alpha channel, unless i specificly add it. Fixed
4. Image editor claims that in beauty pass some pixels have empty alpha, so there is somewhere an alpha channel, but png is all opaque, and exr have alpha all white. Fixed
5. In image editor the REST channel (from lightmix) is available, but this channel is not available in 3ds max Corona VFB.
6. Image editor should be able to save in 16 bit tiffs. Logged on mantis https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2703

Mike.

pokoy:
Funny, I just reported 3, 4 and 6 to the Corona Image Editor thread in the Daily Builds section. Yes, we need alpha displayed and savable with all output files and 16 bits TIFFs. +1 here!

shortcirkuit:
guys this is a big issue for me - has anyone from Corona team looked into this?
I have saved out 6 final renders to EXR and the alpha channels are useless.  At this point unless I am doing something wrong i have to RE-RENDER :((((

Ryuu:

--- Quote from: shortcirkuit on 2017-05-08, 03:24:17 ---guys this is a big issue for me - has anyone from Corona team looked into this?
I have saved out 6 final renders to EXR and the alpha channels are useless.  At this point unless I am doing something wrong i have to RE-RENDER :((((

--- End quote ---

What exactly is wrong with the saved alpha channels that makes them useless?

pokoy:

--- Quote from: Ryuu on 2017-05-09, 17:59:48 ---
--- Quote from: shortcirkuit on 2017-05-08, 03:24:17 ---guys this is a big issue for me - has anyone from Corona team looked into this?

--- End quote ---

What exactly is wrong with the saved alpha channels that makes them useless?

--- End quote ---
I guess he wanted to say that there is no alpha channel included in either of the formats CIE saves out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version