Author Topic: 1.5 RC4 Crash - minidump inside  (Read 4024 times)

2016-10-06, 19:59:12

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had two crashes with RC4 today, both happening in the same way, after starting an IR session on a bigger scene. I'm including the minidump here. I'm not sure if this is related to Corona at all, but I never had this behavior with earlier versions and seeing that this happened twice on different scenes today seems strange.

2016-10-06, 20:19:13
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just tried again and the crash happens somewhere in scene parsing phase and seems to be reproducible. Unfortunately I can't share the scene. Will go back to RC1 and try there as it seemd pretty stable for me, hope there aren't any drawback in doing so.

2016-10-06, 20:30:19
Reply #2

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Crap, getting a crash at the same point in RC1, too. Can anyone have a look at the minidump and enlighten me what could be causing this?

The scene is fairly big, I'm using some 3rd party maps (ColorCorrect, too), and a big texture, transform motion blur is on. Will try to track down what's causing this.

2016-10-06, 20:51:12
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After some tests I see that it happens only in IR and only if I enable object motion blur, in both RC1 and RC4. Normal rendering mode with the exact same settings renders fine, IR will crash to desktop.

2016-10-07, 12:24:29
Reply #4

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
The crash is somewhere in maxscript. So far it seems that this is most probably not our fault for once :)

Does it happen only on that single specific scene or does it also happen in some simple test scene when you combine all the features you are using?

2016-10-07, 14:56:00
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am unable to reproduce this. Maybe scene-specific?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-10-07, 16:28:52
Reply #6

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback. I had an error popping up related to a scripted object every time I've accessed the renderer's UI and then clicked in the viewport, the first time ever I saw an error like that. I thought deleting the object would be enough to get rid of it but it seems something is still stored and causing problems.
Will talk back to the script developer and see if he knows where to look for leftovers and how to get rid of them.

Many thanks again, and yes, probably scene related. Corona IR is rock-stable everywhere else.

2017-04-02, 16:04:14
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
closing this down as old report. I recently learned that there is a bug in max 2016 (which is also used in this case) that causes crashes related to buttons and maxscript. This may very well be that case.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-02, 16:54:23
Reply #8

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, this was probably related to a scripted object and its behavior has changed between the old version which ran fine and a newer one which crashed IR. Safe to say it's not Corona related, would have caused problems with any renderer, probably.