Author Topic: 1.4 Forest Pack and VrayHDRI issue..  (Read 7652 times)

2016-05-17, 21:45:46

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

1: Many times Corona removes VrayHDRI and put a bitmap directly in environment slot.. This result in redoing entire HDRI setup again using vrayhdri.. and yes I would like to use vrayhdri.. (Is this issue related to converter?)
2: Forest pack 4.3.6 scene hangs while changing Boundary checking to Size mode.. 1.3 it was working fine.. and no I do not have subscription updated yet get new FPP  Max 2013

Thanks..
« Last Edit: 2016-05-23, 01:30:03 by Dollmaker »

2016-05-18, 16:29:24
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
1. Vray HDRI is known to cause troubles. We never recommend to use it. Using any parts of one renderer with another one is never a good idea...
2. We will need to check this
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-18, 18:48:21
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
1. Vray HDRI is known to cause troubles. We never recommend to use it. Using any parts of one renderer with another one is never a good idea...
2. We will need to check this

I use it all the time without issues and I find it so superior in controls to CoronaBitmap that I don't plan on switching anytime soon :- ).

Since this doesn't happen in 1.3 (surely doesn't to me), sounds pretty strange.

OP, are you sure you don't have "Convert VrayHDRi" checked by mistake in Converter script ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-05-19, 14:26:13
Reply #3

dia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As Juraj say you must uncheck it in the converter. We have no problem with vray hdri map and it works like a charm and have never crashed our scenes . Corona bitmap isnt good enough for us to use it..Thats it.

2016-05-19, 14:59:27
Reply #4

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Juraj and Dia.. Didnt pay attention to that one :D

Maru as Juraj and Dia said even i never had any issues with vrayhdri what so ever :) Also you guys supported vrayHDRI.. for a long time now..

:)
« Last Edit: 2016-05-19, 22:55:10 by Dollmaker »

2016-05-20, 19:50:22
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
try fiddling with it in interactive and you will see... ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-21, 13:19:10
Reply #6

dia

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I  think you wrong..we are 8 people using corona everyday since early beginning and we have no problem what so ever with interactive and vray hdri . Feels more like you want to promote corona bitmap but it aint that good yet.. until it has all the futures we need we are gonna stick with vray hdri ..

2016-05-22, 04:05:03
Reply #7

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've had problems with vray hdri crashing out in interactive.  I'd trust Ondra, i'm pretty sure he wrote the engine...

2016-05-22, 08:25:48
Reply #8

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Never had any issues using VRay HDRI map.

2016-05-22, 16:03:03
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

I  think you wrong..we are 8 people using corona everyday since early beginning and we have no problem what so ever with interactive and vray hdri . Feels more like you want to promote corona bitmap but it aint that good yet.. until it has all the futures we need we are gonna stick with vray hdri ..
if it works for you, great, but there are people with different experience... I can send you the minidumps if you want to prove it ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-22, 20:47:13
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

That wouldn't make sense as we list it as supported on our website:
https://corona-renderer.com/resources/plugins-scripts/
It should work fine in 90% cases. But I (personally) would not recommend using it. You can achieve exactly the same results as with Vray HDRI using native Max's or Corona's bitmap node, and Color Correction (the only problem is that CC makes rendering slightly slower). There is a support case in our helpdesk portal right now where I suspect that Vray HDRI is causing some flickering, even when using pt+pt.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-22, 21:40:07
Reply #11

dia

• Active Users
    • View Profile

That wouldn't make sense as we list it as supported on our website:
https://corona-renderer.com/resources/plugins-scripts/
It should work fine in 90% cases. But I (personally) would not recommend using it. You can achieve exactly the same results as with Vray HDRI using native Max's or Corona's bitmap node, and Color Correction (the only problem is that CC makes rendering slightly slower). There is a support case in our helpdesk portal right now where I suspect that Vray HDRI is causing some flickering, even when using pt+pt.

Ok undertand that but the question is why do we use vray hdri ? Well it works better than the native bitmap/coronabitmap and its more straight forward and saving time. So hopefully something simular comming to corona in the near future ?

2017-06-09, 20:12:13
Reply #12

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
a lot of forestpack bugs with relation to corona was fixed recently by Itoo, moving to resolved with advice to update forestpack to the latest version - it should no longer happen