Author Topic: Corona Randomizer  (Read 10992 times)

2023-12-10, 20:09:53
Reply #75

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Script attached to this post.

Version 4.4 Features:
- Small quality of life improvements
- Updated UI
- Updated Naming for Color Correct nodes
- New Rollout for saving your Translucency settings (similar to Randomizer)

Notes:
- The UI is a little longer now just to allow rollup/down of Settings so you dont have to scroll when they open
- Just to keep things a bit more clear while you are in the material editor, Diffuse Color Correct is now named (see screenshots Naming). Same with Translucency
- A button just for Tom, well anyone really lol. "Brighter Leaves" in the Vegetation settings: brightness 0.3, saturation 0.3, gamma 1.5 - On/off. You can save these as your default so you dont need to check this button in the rollout or worry about it in future max sessions.

UI (Default):
UI-1" border="0

UI (Vegetation Settings rolled down):
UI-2" border="0

Color Correct Node Naming:
Naming" border="0

Let me once again admire your dedication to the work you undertake, I myself try to do the same whenever possible, but your example is very inspiring. In the near future, I will also record a video and tell my audience about this tool. Thanks!

2023-12-10, 21:09:25
Reply #76

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let me once again admire your dedication to the work you undertake, I myself try to do the same whenever possible, but your example is very inspiring. In the near future, I will also record a video and tell my audience about this tool. Thanks!

Thanks! Glad you find it useful. Sure go ahead share it with those who need it :)

2023-12-11, 01:23:32
Reply #77

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi James,

This is absolutely amazing. Incredible work. Thank you!

I'm wondering if you can somehow take donations or some sort of payment? As a (small way) of saying Thanks for this and all the other script help you've offered me here on the forum in the past.

I notice you don't sell scripts but do sell 3d models. Are you owner of this '3d cargo' website, or is it a marketplace you sell on? (I'll happily buy some models if you get full share of the price).

Cheers!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2023-12-11, 10:29:58
Reply #78

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi James,

This is absolutely amazing. Incredible work. Thank you!

I'm wondering if you can somehow take donations or some sort of payment? As a (small way) of saying Thanks for this and all the other script help you've offered me here on the forum in the past.

I notice you don't sell scripts but do sell 3d models. Are you owner of this '3d cargo' website, or is it a marketplace you sell on? (I'll happily buy some models if you get full share of the price).

Cheers!

Thanks aaouviz, glad you enjoy it :)

Yes I am the owner of 3D Cargo, so I get full commission. If you see something you like you can buy it there instead of a marketplace. Also if you end up getting something please let me know your thoughts, the reviews I get from other market places are quite basic and its tough to know what people in production actually find useful or want updated for their workflow. Thanks!

2024-01-12, 12:58:23
Reply #79

tatarka

• Users
    • View Profile
Could you add a message about the lack of applied material, on the object you are running the script? At the moment it throws an unpleasant error. thx

2024-01-12, 13:21:03
Reply #80

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
That ".material" is not required anyway imho. It should work as well if "target:obj.material" is changed to "target:obj" (in both lines). Then there is no error thrown if obj has no material applied.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2024-01-12, 14:39:02
Reply #81

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the bug notice, updated in 4.5 attached.

Cheers Frood, saves the day once again!

2024-02-13, 05:04:03
Reply #82

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

I've been using this script few times now and it's working great, I love it.

But today I have an issue with a tree material: this material is a Multi/Sub-Object Mtl, made of 6 sub-materials, all CoronaLegacyMtl.

I had no issue using the "Diffuse - Color Correct" part of the script: it's correctly been applied to sub-mtls #4,5 and 6, which is what I wanted.
But then when I apply "Translucency - Color correct (existing)", only the sub-mtl #6 is being affected. Sub-mtls #4 and #5 are not affected surprisingly.

Please have a look at the attached screenshot: you can see a color correction map has correctly been applied to the sub-mtl #6 translucency map, but not to sub-mtls #4 and #5 translucency maps.

I closed the script, ran it again, this time with the "Translucency - Color correct (new)" button (I deleted the bitmap first so that nothing was plugged in the translucency slot): nothing happened.

Can you help?

Many thanks,

- 3ds Max 2023, Corona 10HF2 -

2024-02-13, 08:27:35
Reply #83

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It looks like your diffuse doesn't have a color correct node. In the instructions it mentions:
5. Vegetation Tools - To use 'Translucency' you must already have Diffuse - Color Correct.

In your case it looks like you have a Mix node or something between the Diffuse and Material, it wont work unless its a Color Correct node.

Remember selected geometry takes priority over selected materials so check your selection before you run the script.
« Last Edit: 2024-02-13, 08:33:40 by James Vella »

2024-02-13, 08:37:31
Reply #84

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is a CoronaColorCorrect node plugged after the diffuse bitmap, but then I plugged a CoronaMultiMap after it, hence why the script didn't do anything, it makes sense now, thanks!

2024-02-13, 08:39:54
Reply #85

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No worries, let me know if it still doesnt behave correctly after removing the MultiMap

2024-02-13, 08:50:05
Reply #86

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, all good now. Amazing script, really.
Thanks again James.

2024-02-13, 09:09:01
Reply #87

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good to hear, enjoy Tom :)

2024-02-26, 14:46:06
Reply #88

tatarka

• Users
    • View Profile
I have a requests.
Is it possible to add an indicator that will allow me to change the number of entries? as it is in multimap. If I build the material from scratch myself, it would be helpful. And it would be useful to have a shortcut that would add the node itself, without first selecting the material or model.

2024-02-26, 15:52:40
Reply #89

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a requests.
Is it possible to add an indicator that will allow me to change the number of entries? as it is in multimap. If I build the material from scratch myself, it would be helpful. And it would be useful to have a shortcut that would add the node itself, without first selecting the material or model.

Not sure I understand, isnt this the same as putting a new coronarandomizer node into the slate editor then setting the input number?