Author Topic: Furniture Models for Archviz Artists  (Read 4679 times)

2019-11-15, 13:46:42

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I thought Id create this thread so I can post models Im working on that are available for artists, also get feedback since you guys are the ones that will be using them. Also Id like to get a gauge on what you do and dont like (it can be anything from the design to the polycount or something that looks like it needs attention etc). I want to ensure the quality reflects the user experience essentially. Everything is original made and royalty free, you can use commercially or for projects whatever you like.

Furniture Kitbash Set
My idea for the first pack of models (there will be around 36) in this one is specifically for kitbashing, Im also providing them directly in case you want just a few pieces of the set without needing the whole lot or if you want to test out the quality. The idea behind this set is when doing exterior renderings of large apartments/house facades it would be nice to have a set of kitchens, living rooms, dining, plants, accessories etc that you can scatter using forestpro (ill also have this setup so you can just place it on colored squares or spline shapes) and then it automatically populates and randomly switches furniture sets/materials for each furniture piece, render below). It will also stick to the floor for furniture, pendants to the ceilings, artwork to the walls etc saving us time to focus on the exterior layout. Also by using forestpro it can clip by distance so your furniture doesnt need to render per camera saving ram etc if required.

The kit-bash set is specifically Low Polygon but keeping to a high standard (erring on the side of quality). Textures based on geometry size and keeping them all to around 512-1024px because of the distance involved, as well as having mostly basic materials (when I can, sometimes larger textures if really necessary to maintain quality). Also having them low poly (Keeping each set under 80k is the goal) means you can have many in the viewport with native mesh without causing problems, so far with all of these models in the scene I can still navigate at 100fps on a 1060GTX so the goal is it should be the same or close when finished, ill also provide proxy versions for outside cases but for now thats the plan.

I would love your feedback on any of these, feel free to jump into the conversation if you feel like you can add value as my hopes are keeping you involved in the creation process might be useful for you too if you have some things you or your business would like made specifically for some project and would be a win-win for both of us, or maybe you just feel like being apart of the design process :) I would be happy to give discount coupons on these items for those who make contributions that end up effecting the process in a positive way, as Id love to give back to the community that has helped me.

Also working on some kitchens at the moment, Im having a tough time deciding on the colors for the stools if you have an opinion on it Id love to hear it (WIP mind you)!
« Last Edit: 2019-11-15, 13:58:19 by James Vella »

2019-11-23, 22:15:34
Reply #1

Stan_GF

• Active Users
  • Happy rendering!
    • View Profile
    • GarageFarm.NET
Very nice models, I like the renders too. I think those rattan and fabric ones look the best.
https://garagefarm.net / Skype: garage.farm - The Cheapest render farm. 20.000 cores and growing!
https://3dbee.it - 3D asset store with integrated application
https://www.xesktop.com - Powerful GPU servers for rental

2019-11-24, 08:39:59
Reply #2

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Stan_GF, I am looking forward to building the Living Room pack which is coming in the next couple of weeks, should have lots of fabrics :) Keeping the geometry under 100k is going to be the challenge!

2019-11-28, 11:43:23
Reply #3

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just wanted to let you know since its Black Friday all my models and model packs are 50% off, some as low as $3. As a special for the Corona Forum I have also provided an additional 10% discount on any items of your choice, this coupon can only be used a maximum of 10 times, feel free to share that coupon with your friends or co-workers. This coupon is a thank you to all the Corona users here who have shared their technical knowledge which has helped me grow professionally.

COUPON CODE: 348472818449

Also if you find anything you would like adjusted for future models please let me know - feedback is much appreciated as I want the experience to be pleasant for the artists who use them!

https://www.cgtrader.com/jmdvella

« Last Edit: 2020-02-05, 10:19:01 by James Vella »

2019-12-06, 15:10:57
Reply #4

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok so the kitchens took me longer than I expected but I got a little carried away with the ovens and sinks and accessories (creating my own brands of wine/candle labels lol). Still trying to keep things low poly but adding quality where it really needs (like chamfers etc). Heres some progress update before I start on the living rooms, which are going to need some major fabric and retopology work. None the less it should be an interesting venture!

If you notice anything out of place or something that looks odd please let me know (especially from an architectural point of view). Keep in mind these models are designed to be viewed from the external of the building when the pack is completed, but trying to get a balance if the camera needs to come a bit closer for some views (probably too close in this instance I feel the marble textures are not holding up so well and I might have to swap it out for the higher resolution version for the single use purpose).

If you are interested in the wireframes you can check it out on the link below:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Qz0dzZ

« Last Edit: 2019-12-07, 08:36:13 by James Vella »

2019-12-13, 08:24:36
Reply #5

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Living Room interior pack number 1 of 4. This was a fun challenge to keep the poly count down when adding lots of cloth meshes and a small plant with a total of 64,000 polygons. Thank you to my partner Katarina Kondelova
 for providing the beautiful hand painted acrylic artwork for the wall canvas. Comments and Criticisms always welcome!

For tech specs and wireframes you can view the link below:
Technical Specifications

« Last Edit: 2019-12-13, 08:33:31 by James Vella »

2020-02-05, 10:18:39
Reply #6

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Living Room interior pack number 2 of 4 available for download. A few extra unique plants on this one with the daisy flower and fern in the back corner. All new cloth made specific for this scene while trying to keep the poly count down (wire frames available on the link below). Any comments and critique always welcome!

Download & Wireframes:
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/furniture/furniture-set/living-b-blue-neutral-hq-low-poly-archviz