Author Topic: Mixing colour spaces  (Read 5011 times)

2019-02-20, 15:38:16
Reply #15

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would personally do as I mentioned earlier, create a document in Adobe 1998 space and import the render into that. Any adjustments you make now (matching colors) will be in this space as thats what the client expects to receive.

edit: Regarding your VFB for Corona, set everything to defaults and pure white environment. If you did as I mentioned earlier your CMYK to sRGB conversion will appear 1:1. This is the base point, anything you add from here lighting wise will shift the result.

Here is an example of what Juraj mentioned in vray using the ICC profile matching. You can see why working straight from Adobe 1998 to Adobe 1998 makes sense in this scenario

Open CMYK document in Photoshop: attached cmyk.jpg

Create a blank document in Adobe 1998 Color Space, copy/paste the CMYK document into the Adobe document and save the file embedding the current profile: attached cmyk_import_to_adobe.jpg

Create Vray Material / VrayICC / Load your Adobe 1998 Bitmap, set the ICC file to Adobe 1998.icc: attached vray_icc.jpg

You are now totally in Adobe 1998 space (for this texture).

Render the file.

You can view it frame buffer in ICC Profile space: attached vfb_profile_space.jpg.

Save the render as exr.

In Photoshop create a new document in Adobe 1998 color space.

Import the render you made.

It will now have the exact same colors as the CMYK colors: attached vray_adobe_output.jpg

I have left the color profiles embedded in the attachments you can check them in Photoshop

« Last Edit: 2019-02-20, 15:52:45 by James Vella »

2019-02-20, 23:54:44
Reply #16

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just thinking about implementation of colour management in corona and max. I wonder if it would be an option to make the corona shaders with colour management support and then just make corona standalone support colour management? If its a max issue couldnt you just bypass the restrictions max puts on renderers? Its probably alot more complex than that and likely not possible but i was just pondering why its not a feature in max yet.