Author Topic: 1.6 and a lot of noise  (Read 9996 times)

2017-05-12, 10:40:28
Reply #15

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
We are working on including occlusion into the mix for 1.7

What do you mean ? Some sort of auto-portal ?
well... if I was nvidia, I would say that we are unleashing the power of machine learning onto rendering! :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-05-12, 12:43:12
Reply #16

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We are working on including occlusion into the mix for 1.7

What do you mean ? Some sort of auto-portal ?
well... if I was nvidia, I would say that we are unleashing the power of machine learning onto rendering! :D

So does that mean that corona will eventually know what I need to render, even before I know it myself, and make it for me? Finally a "make art" button.

2017-05-12, 17:31:07
Reply #17

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, this is 75 pass raw render. I have to wait till ~1000th pass to reduce noise to the acceptable level (+denoising)
Is there a chance you have an object / some objects in this scene which are complex geometry with Corona Light mtl applied? The reason I am asking is that I have seen a very similar result in a scene with many lights (light objects) plus some complex geometry with light mtl applied.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-05-30, 02:27:05
Reply #18

cpvisual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm having the same problem. Much more noise and more time to clean it.
I have to increase gi to aa to 64 to make it better, but still taking more time than 1.52.

2017-05-30, 13:15:44
Reply #19

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Please, post ta simplified *.max files. It will be much easier, for us, to help you. =)

2017-06-01, 19:06:31
Reply #20

cpvisual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is a simplified MAX file. https://we.tl/bU7JkLS35D
The main issue is cleaning the Indirect light. Even the direct light is taking longer to clean.
And this is not happening only in this file, all our files we have to increase GI to AA level and sometimes the Light Samples Multiplier.

2017-06-06, 04:28:48
Reply #21

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Interesting, so is it confirmed that the new sampling is slower more often than not or how should we go about this?  maybe default GI vs AA should be 32 instead of 16?