Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 61782 times)

2019-08-15, 14:05:16
Reply #75

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Same problem with Intel denoiser.

Hi,

This will be fixed in the next daily build.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-08-15, 14:33:34
Reply #76

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Every single one of my scene (by now 8th) crashes during IR if I play long enough with Corona Light.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-08-15, 15:04:51
Reply #77

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
[offtopic]
Every single one of my scene (by now 8th) crashes during IR if I play long enough with Corona Light.
Reminds me of the joke: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
Doctor: "Then stop doing it"
Stop playing with the light for too long, I guess :P
[/offtopic]
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2019-08-15, 17:23:12
Reply #78

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I had like 20 crashes just today, sometimes after first change to single light in IR.

Reverted back to 4(Hotfix1) and everything is ok again. Half day of work and zero crashes again.

I had 7-29 Daily build, not the latest, and..was there any before the 29th? So the culprit is absolutely there.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-08-16, 09:33:55
Reply #79

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I had like 20 crashes just today, sometimes after first change to single light in IR.

Reverted back to 4(Hotfix1) and everything is ok again. Half day of work and zero crashes again.

I had 7-29 Daily build, not the latest, and..was there any before the 29th? So the culprit is absolutely there.

Hi,

7-29 was the first v5 Daily build.

This issue has a high priority and we're working on it.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-16, 10:28:04
Reply #80

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
It Seems like the bloom glare crash has resurfaced. Using the latest daily build on my Xeon slave and when I come to save with bloom and glare it freezes again. Happened 3 times now. Saving as cxr seems to work,. Also had a freeze when clicking Ctrl+C this morning. Mini dump saved and sending now

2019-08-16, 10:29:48
Reply #81

JViz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance

Yes and I had the same experience with the latest daily too
Although a purist, my work is anything but.
https://www.behance.net/ImageInnate

2019-08-19, 09:05:08
Reply #82

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX

Yes and I had the same experience with the latest daily too
We're with 4.1 too. The latest build is unstable and nearly not ready. One the flaws are the normal maps module; it's just not working.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2019-08-19, 10:03:40
Reply #83

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hello,

I have a question about Nvidia Optix, of course, its Nvidia but with AMD storming the front with both GPU's and CPU's do you have any information about their own Denoising solution? The only reason I still buy Nvidia is the amazing denoiser, but Im dissatisfied with the pricing vs overall performance.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2019-08-19, 13:27:01
Reply #84

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We're with 4.1 too. The latest build is unstable and nearly not ready. One the flaws are the normal maps module; it's just not working.

Hi,

As stated in the daily builds guidelines they are not guaranteed to be stable, even though we try our best to ensure that they are.. https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015

We are aware of the issue with normal maps and are looking into it.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-19, 14:49:54
Reply #85

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Hello,

I have a question about Nvidia Optix, of course, its Nvidia but with AMD storming the front with both GPU's and CPU's do you have any information about their own Denoising solution? The only reason I still buy Nvidia is the amazing denoiser, but Im dissatisfied with the pricing vs overall performance.

Well, it seems that there actually is some AI denoiser from AMD. However we don't know any details about that and right know we can't unfortunately spare any manpower investigating it. We still need to focus on more pressing issues, like bugfixing and improving existing features.

And to be honest I think that we have too many denoisers already and since apparently everybody wants to have their very own AI denoiser, we need some better solution than slapping on a new denoiser every month.

2019-08-22, 19:55:39
Reply #86

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Has anyone else had the IPR stop updating with scene changes mid-session?  I haven't quite narrowed it down but it seems like maybe it's connected to dragging-and-dropping a material from the Corona material library onto an object in the scene.  IPR keeps running (I think) but in order to incorporate scene changes you need to stop and start IPR.  A restart of Max is required to get things going normally again.    Using Max 2016 and the latest daily.

2019-08-22, 23:42:14
Reply #87

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hello,

Well, it seems that there actually is some AI denoiser from AMD. However we don't know any details about that and right know we can't unfortunately spare any manpower investigating it. We still need to focus on more pressing issues, like bugfixing and improving existing features.

And to be honest I think that we have too many denoisers already and since apparently everybody wants to have their very own AI denoiser, we need some better solution than slapping on a new denoiser every month.

You got that right, but still I thought Render Legion was friends with AMD after all that "Fire Render" thing.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2019-08-23, 00:12:53
Reply #88

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Has anyone else had the IPR stop updating with scene changes mid-session?  I haven't quite narrowed it down but it seems like maybe it's connected to dragging-and-dropping a material from the Corona material library onto an object in the scene.  IPR keeps running (I think) but in order to incorporate scene changes you need to stop and start IPR.  A restart of Max is required to get things going normally again.    Using Max 2016 and the latest daily.

Yes i do, but for me it only happens in one particular scene, where IR locks and the only solution is to restart Max.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-08-23, 10:07:13
Reply #89

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Yes i do, but for me it only happens in one particular scene, where IR locks and the only solution is to restart Max.

Hi,

Would you be able to provide me with the scene and we will investigate.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!