Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Displacement behaviour Phoenix map

<< < (5/5)

Flavius:
Hi, did you also notice that the quality is a bit worse with Corona 7 regarding displacement? I mean previously I could get very detailed water with about 2-3 pixel subdiv value at 5000 pixels images but now I need to lower that value to 1 to get similar results. I don't have time to do proper tests but I see how my water is less detailed at values that I've always been using. Is there anyway to keep a Corona 6 legacy displacement option please?

Thanks!

rowmanns:
Hi,

Unfortunately the old displacement won't be coming back. It had it's own issues and it was not possible for us to maintain two different displacement methods.

I think in some cases you will have to lower the screen size to get comparable quality, however the memory usage and computation time should also be lower than the old displacement.

If you find some situation where this is not true please let me know and we will investigate it.

Thanks,

Rowan

dj_buckley:
Regarding the old displacement not coming back - I posted here a while back for something to check, the old displacement was much better at hiding these issues when problems arose.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26398.60

Flavius:

--- Quote from: rowmanns on 2021-05-12, 10:50:36 ---Hi,

Unfortunately the old displacement won't be coming back. It had it's own issues and it was not possible for us to maintain two different displacement methods.

I think in some cases you will have to lower the screen size to get comparable quality, however the memory usage and computation time should also be lower than the old displacement.

If you find some situation where this is not true please let me know and we will investigate it.

Thanks,

Rowan

--- End quote ---

I understand... but I can say that I must really lower the subdivions value now of the displacement when I am using the Phoenix ocean map and it takes much more longer to calculate compared to Corona 6. I don't use any other kind of displacement, only for water and it's a bit of a pain now sadly.

rowmanns:
Hi Flavius,

We have fixed this in todays daily build (v7 2021-06-03). Please can you try it out and let me know if you have some more issues.

Cheers,

Rowan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version