Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion

<< < (99/125) > >>

muoto:
in RC3, is it normal that the max IOR value of a physical material is 3 ? (minimum is 1)

cjwidd:
yes

JulioCayetano:
Hi everyone,

We have been using some of the Corona 7 daily builds in some of our latest production archviz projects. We are very happy in general with all the nice new Corona 7 features, like the PhysicalMtl, etc. All dailies have been pretty stable for us during these last weeks.

I have just tried the new Atmospheric perspective effect in one of our current complex exterior scenes (urban situation). I find the effect to be really nice, fast to render and effective, thanks a lot for the hard work! However, I´ve experienced some weird behaviours, something like a strong Magenta tint, while tweaking the turbidity values. The most curious thing is that it is super visible through reftactions on glass surfaces. I´m a bit confused, not sure what is happening here. Please find attached some crop redners of one of the shots. I´m using a default CoronaSun and the new "improved" Sky model, with everything by default, except from:
-Altutude: 40m
-Volume effect: 1.5
-Turbidity: variable from 2 to 6 (read each file name to see value)

muoto:

--- Quote from: cjwidd on 2021-06-23, 16:44:47 ---yes

--- End quote ---

why ? How do you set up a material that is quite very reflective (but non glossy), and still not mirror ?

usually, i would have set the IOR to a higher value, but maybe i'm wrong ?

maru:

--- Quote from: muoto on 2021-06-23, 17:23:13 ---
--- Quote from: cjwidd on 2021-06-23, 16:44:47 ---yes

--- End quote ---

why ? How do you set up a material that is quite very reflective (but non glossy), and still not mirror ?

usually, i would have set the IOR to a higher value, but maybe i'm wrong ?

--- End quote ---

The reason is that in real life there are almost no non-metal materials that would have IOR over 3. There are some weird chemical substances that do have it, but it is very unlikely that they would be rendered.
If a material has higher IOR, it means it's a metal and there is a selector for this in the Physical Mtl.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version