Official Stuff > News

3ds Max 2014 SP4 released

(1/6) > >>

Ludvik Koutny:
Hi,

i would like to let you know that Autodesk released SP4 for Max 2014. I recommended you all to install SP3 to get rid of bug that caused extremely slow texture reading and therefore starting of rendering. But Autodesk managed to break real time rotation of environment map in viewport. In SP4, this should be resolved, so you can finally have version where textures load properly and you can rotate enviro in realtime. :)

Go get it here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-3ds-max-2014-service-pack-4.html

Alexp:
Thanks, Im downloading now. You know if more bugs are fixed?

Juraj:

--- Quote from: Autodesk on 2014-02-26, 16:19:24 ---
The regression introduced in 3ds Max 2014 SP3 which prevented the Environment Map from updating with the Bitmap Offset has been resolved.

--- End quote ---

Hah, so this is why it worked for me using VrayHDRi anyway. Looks like lot of other bugs too, so I'll upgrade...and see.

fellazb:

--- Quote from: Rawalanche on 2014-02-26, 16:19:24 ---Hi,

and you can rotate enviro in realtime. :)
--- End quote ---

Ah finally, that was a nasty one. I discovered that it occured with nitrous viewport and not directx, but then the fps was extremely low.

downloading and installing

Was this a contribution from you Corona team? Cuz I read somewhere on this forum you were still waiting for some replies from Autodesk at some point.

Midge:
Watch out, SP4 has currently been retracted by Autodesk.
So for the meantime stick with SP2 if you want realtime viewport background rotation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version