Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

2.5d Displacement Playground!

(1/14) > >>

rowmanns:
Hi,

In the v5 Daily builds starting from 2019-09-30 we are proud to release the new 2.5d displacement!

It is much more memory efficient than the original displacement, allowing much finer displacement (smaller screen/world size) while using less memory.
Enabled by default for new scenes, but disabled for older scenes for backwards compatibility.
It can be enabled by a new checkbox in performance tab of render settings.

The daily build is available to all license holders. Info and download:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015

Any tests are welcome, and we are super interested in your feedback.

romullus:
New vs old. Render settings: 1px for new displacement and 3px for old displacement. Old displacement consumed less memory and looks better despite vastly larger screen size. Artifacts in new displacement mode, is very obvious. Floor displacement is exaggerated on purpose. Also there's quite noticeable change in lighting/shading (?) on the wall's corner. Might be because wall material also has displacement, albeit very subtle.

Edit: Corona uploader doesn't want to work, so if you need the scene, let me know and i provide the link though PM.

rowmanns:
Hi,

I just tried the uploader and it seems to be working for me. Could you try again?

We are aware of some issues with artifacts and and memory consumption, these will be addressed in the upcoming dailies.

Cheers,

Rowan

romullus:
I tried, but it just doesn't work. I will write you PM with the link to the file.

Ryuu:
Yes, we'll be releasing displacement fixes and optimizations in next daily build. In some extreme cases the memory consumption is now 10x lower than in last daily.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version