Author Topic: All Color mapping/postproduction feature requests  (Read 74892 times)

2014-04-21, 16:35:36

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
There are too many of them in the forum, so I will group them together

« Last Edit: 2017-05-04, 20:25:37 by Ondra »
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-05-02, 10:01:40
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Didn't see this thread, I'll add mine:

Support for ICC Color Profiles. Since most of the print stuff is usually worked on in PS with something else than the sRGB profile, it would be good to be able to specify the intended color space.

2014-05-02, 11:47:04
Reply #2

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome! Glad to see to updates to this part of Corona.

My wishlist:

1. Filmic color mapping as an option: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,1807.0.html - I think this could really set Corona apart from the "other" renderers out there. The algorithm appears to already be in place, I'm sure DeadClown would be willing to help integrate it. Another good color mapping option that I haven't seen many other renderers attempt is "tasteful" out of the box HDR compression: http://19lights.com/wp/

Example comparison image:

2. Some sort of glare / bloom options (perhaps even physically accurate?), similar to how Nox renderer handles this: http://vimeo.com/26261205 - would save on a lot of tedious post processing!

Cheers
« Last Edit: 2014-05-02, 11:51:40 by agentdark45 »
Vray who?

2014-05-02, 12:05:04
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
http://vimeo.com/26261205

Wow, that is something i would love to see in Corona!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-05-02, 13:15:35
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I don't want to start a fanboy fight but I tested NOX vs Corona with a simple Cornell box scene and all I got with NOX was lots of fireflies and jagged edges. Built-in post processing is cool but it's not the most important feature you need. You can do all these things in some other (probably even free) application.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-05-02, 14:20:23
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-05-02, 16:19:12
Reply #6

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't want to start a fanboy fight but I tested NOX vs Corona with a simple Cornell box scene and all I got with NOX was lots of fireflies and jagged edges. Built-in post processing is cool but it's not the most important feature you need. You can do all these things in some other (probably even free) application.

I've never tested it out, but have heard the same from other users who have (it's supposed to be quite buggy too?). One reason I really think built in glare / glow in the renderer would be superior than being done in photoshop is that you can exploit 3D / material data to get physically correct effects, rather than having to manually mask off portions of the image and fudge it. I agree it's not super important but would really make things interesting (glowing physically correct light bulbs, sun glow/rays from behind a building e.t.c).
Vray who?

2014-05-03, 14:49:50
Reply #7

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
note to self about filmic mapping: http://www.slideshare.net/ozlael/hable-john-uncharted2-hdr-lighting
That's the same exact implementation that I did for Nuke, which was also implemented for Fusion by DeadClown.

It works really rather well in practice.

2014-05-03, 20:27:24
Reply #8

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Here too i've tested it many time ( old builds before and new ones ) and it's so slow + fireflies and noisy with simple scenes, i like the nice tools in it but they really should improve their speed and noise level.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-03, 20:33:11 by Chakib »

2014-05-30, 11:31:58
Reply #9

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

My wishlist:

1. Filmic color mapping as an option: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,1807.0.html - I think this could really set Corona apart from the "other" renderers out there. The algorithm appears to already be in place, I'm sure DeadClown would be willing to help integrate it. Another good color mapping option that I haven't seen many other renderers attempt is "tasteful" out of the box HDR compression: http://19lights.com/wp/

Cheers

Yep I agree,  I've asked for the 19 lights tonemapper before, fingers crossed for this one.

Can't wait for CRF curves and some decent glare / Bloom effects too.

2014-05-30, 12:43:59
Reply #10

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models

2014-05-30, 14:42:35
Reply #11

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Not sure if it's a good idea but I'll just paste my requests here:

-make it possible to switch between each parameter using the TAB key

-be able to spin the spinners beyond your monitor's resolution like in other max's spinners

-make it use commas instead of dots ( , instead of . )

2014-05-31, 17:18:39
Reply #12

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
-make it use commas instead of dots ( , instead of . )

This would fix it for you, but break for many others. In US for example, they got dot on numpad, not comma. So it should not use one or other, but what's set in windows regional settings.

2014-05-31, 22:59:23
Reply #13

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yeah, ok, I just want everyone to have the same symbol that is used everywhere else in Max in that place. :)

2014-05-31, 23:34:32
Reply #14

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
As for me that really not enough the setting of render region in corona VFB :)
Can it be implemented?
It is cause that i compelled to use Max VFB now(

2014-06-01, 00:07:21
Reply #15

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
you can set render region directly in viewport...

2014-06-01, 00:24:44
Reply #16

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
While it's possible to assign shortcut to edit render region command, i can't find a way to choose area to render selection, without opening standart vfb. So, it's still highly desirable to have such funcionality in Corona's vfb.

2014-06-01, 13:02:01
Reply #17

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
While it's possible to assign shortcut to edit render region command, i can't find a way to choose area to render selection, without opening standart vfb. So, it's still highly desirable to have such funcionality in Corona's vfb.

Once you assign shortcut to region render, you should be able to adjust render region in viewport. That's how it works.

2014-06-01, 13:23:24
Reply #18

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, but how to switch back to "view" rendering?

2014-06-01, 14:33:00
Reply #19

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

Yes, but directly in the VFB it's muuuch, much better and it can speed up our work-flow (as in VRay)
+1 for Render Region directly in VFB.

2014-06-01, 14:55:13
Reply #20

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs

Yes, but directly in the VFB it's muuuch, much better and it can speed up our work-flow (as in VRay)

Exactly! +1 to +1 ;D

2014-06-01, 15:17:16
Reply #21

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
look at this video, and you will understand:
and, for my opinion, "drag & Drop" Render region, as in VRay, is better and faster than default viewport Render region (with 8 handles)

2014-06-11, 04:14:15
Reply #22

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Is it that hard to implement regionRender on Vfb ? (this is not an ironical question, i am curious). I use it a LOT and it´s a pain in the ass to use Max VFB just for setting it... 
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-06-11, 08:58:40
Reply #23

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yep

2014-07-14, 15:25:49
Reply #24

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
implemented tint, realtime iso

2014-07-18, 20:55:04
Reply #25

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
About the render region control in viewport, it is of course usable yet imho its still way easier to control it inside the vfb - matching pass count, selecting those parts which needs some re render due to a different hd cache after prevous region render etc. not to say viewport region controls are completely useless when it comes to spherical/panorama renders ...

2014-07-27, 05:09:29
Reply #26

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
I just made a button on my toolbar using script, that activates region render and enter on EditRegion mode. :) Just use this command :

actionMan.executeAction 0 "59241"

Put on listener and drag it to your toolbar. :)

2014-08-14, 17:33:11
Reply #27

Bigguns

• Active Users
    • View Profile

My wishlist:

Example comparison image:

2. Some sort of glare / bloom options (perhaps even physically accurate?), similar to how Nox renderer handles this: http://vimeo.com/26261205 - would save on a lot of tedious post processing!

Cheers

I will ask the exact same thing Keymaster! Color mapping in Vray is always an issue for me.. so haveing this one would be much better!
And also, very important, gloom and glare in the vfb in realtime like in maxwell ( and Fryrender, it was awesome, was working perfectly and so realistic! now it's Arion but I don't know I did not tryed it so.. ) so you can load map and adjust parameter while it's rendering and you see the effect taking place.. really a must :)  Corona gonna be a one of a kind with all these cool features :))

Also , Support for ICC Color Profiles.

2014-08-14, 20:47:33
Reply #28

Adi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd like to see lens effects like glare / bloom but with ability to export as separate channel.

Also curves adjustment , something like photoshop's if possible ?

2014-10-14, 10:28:16
Reply #29

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl

Exactly! +1 to +1 ;D

Here my +1
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2014-10-14, 10:35:25
Reply #30

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
What about to add Highlight compression, white balance and contrast (in relevance order) in CameraMod? Changing exposure often need highlight compression adjustment, and so on for the rest.

Btw, testing last daily build (2014-10-14) I found that if you use photographic exposure, exposure value in vfb has no effect (correct), but ISO value has effect and does not change iso value in cameraMod modifier (uncorrect)

2014-10-14, 10:51:07
Reply #31

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
One more time, a button to switch on/off render stamp in vfb menu bar ;)

Also a Start interactive button in VFB menu bar? What about it? Maybe pushing for a second Render button you could choose it...

2014-10-28, 02:40:14
Reply #32

abubaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Guys,

First Post.

Congrats and hats of to the corona development team! You have a very easy to use Render engine which lets artists be artists. 

I did not want to open a new thread to request a DIRT MAP feature and a Vray style Blend Material.  The standard Corona material is great but it does not allow for the creation of a more complex and therefore realistic Shaders. I am working on a scene right now and I need a detailed layered metal shaders with multiple scratch, specular rust and dirt layers but there is no way I can achieve this with the standard Corona Material. 

in the mean time is there anyway to convert veray blend shaders to a corona shader, I am guessing not since the equivalent shader does not exist in corona.

2014-12-07, 18:10:51
Reply #33

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
http://vimeo.com/26261205

Wow, that is something i would love to see in Corona!

You should give a try to VFB+ 2.5 (demo)
Although its integration with corona might provide surprises ...

2014-12-07, 19:48:32
Reply #34

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Actually i installed VFB+ demo couple weeks ago, but i didn't like it as much as i expected. Thing is, if i want to use it with Corona, i loose all the goodies Corona's VFB has and i don't like it. Now, if there'd be a way to marry those two, that'll be an ultimate tool.

2014-12-07, 23:23:56
Reply #35

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I've created a script for corona in mind which toggles the area to render (region render) without the need to open up the render dialog etc. It has pass limit, resume render etc. If you would like any features added please let me know.

Script:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/regionrender

Screenshot:

EDIT:
The script code for region render is:
Code: [Select]
setRenderType #region
EditRenderRegion.EditRegion()

The script code for switching back to view mode is:
setRenderType #view
EditRenderRegion.UpdateRegion()

My script has this functionality plus a few added extras.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-07, 23:29:02 by 3dwannab »

2014-12-07, 23:35:14
Reply #36

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually i installed VFB+ demo couple weeks ago, but i didn't like it as much as i expected. Thing is, if i want to use it with Corona, i loose all the goodies Corona's VFB has and i don't like it. Now, if there'd be a way to marry those two, that'll be an ultimate tool.

Well, I'm rendering with corona and when finished open VFB+
That's my poor way to have both world :)

But I already had strange effect with VFB+, like saving all passes in a click, and ending with beauty of my current render but passes from previous render -_-
Very useless for post.

This said fireflies suppressor, sharpener or bloom, aren't much of rocket science and are pretty handy straight from VFB.
Now I wonder who is gonna make a lenscare alike yumi yumi

2015-01-20, 14:27:10
Reply #37

Rotem

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I'm working on it as we speak.
I will also be happy to take a look at any bugs you experienced in VFB+, please contact me.

2015-03-10, 00:45:38
Reply #38

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I'm working on it as we speak.
I will also be happy to take a look at any bugs you experienced in VFB+, please contact me.

I would hardly reproduce it as the demo is over since a while (and I missed your post for awhile sorry about that), basically I tried to save all pass in a EXR (or psd?) and the if beauty was correct (the thumb too), other passes (materialID, Zdepth,etc) were from previous render (in history). I was pretty surprised as looking at the thumb it seemed correct and I closed 3dsmax to launch photoshop... before being somewhat disapointed (was testing purpose anyway nothing prod related)

Your bloom is super nice, although sliders are very very very sensitive in general !
That autodesk didn't bought your vfb is somehow proving that it's a good one ;D

2015-03-11, 12:42:49
Reply #39

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Render Mask for Reflective and Refractive objects...

I know there is an option to turn off/on visibilty in mask for Objects - but since then there is no option yet (correct me if i'm wrong) to get an mask from those objects without rendering a second pass with "visibility turned on".

Either i wish a render mask options like V-rays affect channels "all channel" for masking options
or at least have an option in Cmasking_Mask to select objects who override the "visibility turned off" choice in material.

So i'm at least able to render out all masks including those of refracting materials within one render-session.

2015-10-14, 12:54:57
Reply #40

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Zdepth DOF preview in VFB would be great.

2016-01-12, 13:45:21
Reply #41

bs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • bildstaerke | raumstaerke
hey guys,

whats the status on filmic tonemapping?

will something like this come for the vfb or any other camera response curve stuff? - would be cool

greets
win 10 | asus z10pe-d8 ws | dual xeon e5-2786w v4 | 128gb kingston 2400 ecc | 2080ti | samsung ssd 940 evo | asus pa329
c4d r20+r21 | sketchup | vectorworks
working alone, with my girlfriend, in cooperation and with freelancers for our own projects and for externals

2016-02-16, 22:04:08
Reply #42

andrewdtejeda

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just wanted to give one more vote for Physically accurate lens effects. I think this would be a great addition and create extremely realistic results. Thanks for the great render engine!

2016-05-01, 18:58:43
Reply #43

darrentomkins

• Active Users
    • View Profile
SATUUURRAAATIOOOON... please...

2016-05-01, 19:33:02
Reply #44

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just wanted to give one more vote for Physically accurate lens effects. I think this would be a great addition and create extremely realistic results. Thanks for the great render engine!

+100000000 cannot stress the importance of this enough.
Vray who?

2016-05-21, 16:16:52
Reply #45

karamox

vibrance slider - would be googd adea to add to framebuffer

2016-06-03, 03:40:52
Reply #46

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
What about the "lens Effects" from Maxwell. That stuff adds amazing atmosphere to the renders.

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/maxwelldocs/SimuLens

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/mxdocsv3/Lens+Scattering

2016-06-03, 07:33:44
Reply #47

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What about the "lens Effects" from Maxwell. That stuff adds amazing atmosphere to the renders.

That would be incredible, also if corona could emulate, or buy vfb+ and implement it that would be amazing.  I havn't tried vfb+ yet, but i've just seen the video and it looks great:

http://www.monotoneminimal.com/vfb

2016-06-03, 14:12:36
Reply #48

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yes! That's the kind of physical lens algorithm we need in Corona.
Vray who?

2016-06-03, 15:05:02
Reply #49

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If i'm not mistaken, those are just post processing filters, something similar are in Corona's roadmap for v1.5 already ;]

2016-06-03, 15:09:19
Reply #50

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-06-03, 16:59:36
Reply #51

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Glare and Bloom in VFB+ works really nice, quite nifty.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-06-04, 04:19:11
Reply #52

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

2016-06-04, 11:38:42
Reply #53

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

There is SO much to do in the postproduction, that we are seriously thinking about hiring another programmer full time just to do postproduction/tone mapping for Corona.

2016-06-04, 11:41:12
Reply #54

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hire the guy from VFB+ and integrate it :- D
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-06-04, 21:07:16
Reply #55

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

There is SO much to do in the postproduction, that we are seriously thinking about hiring another programmer full time just to do postproduction/tone mapping for Corona.

pls make it happen :D this could be awesome!

2016-06-06, 05:40:04
Reply #56

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Hire the guy from VFB+ and integrate it :- D
that's definitely a hardcore idea, but why not :D

aperture map + light scattering looks cool. someone please create a feature request for that thing

2016-07-12, 17:37:58
Reply #57

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

- Curve editor. Linear curve editor is nice, and would suffice, but parametric (highlights/lights/shadows/blacks) would be another level, because of ease of use.

- Framebuffer LUT support. Great feature that extends the usability of framebuffer to any kind of post-production feature. It's not just for instagram effects from imitating old polaroid films. But even that is cool ;- )
( alternatively, people with color managed environments would benefit from ICC profile too, but this is secondary )

- White balance compensation. Not just Kelvin, but selecting a spot in image to counter-balance. Just like in real-camera. Both temperature and Tint.

- Better contrast function, similar to CameraRaw. Ideally the same one. Posted a separate thread.

- Glare and Bloom is being worked on, so, that's checked off :- )

- Make the GUI detachable. Unless you work in 21:9 monitor, which 99perc. of users do not, it takes endless space and occupies rendered image. If it's switched off and back on, the framebuffer needs to be full-screened for docking, so this is not very flexibly working.

-Simple button to disable all post-production. On/Off. Absolute must to see the changes, save linearly and not destroy already fine-tuned settings.

2016-07-12, 17:46:31
Reply #58

SaY

• Active Users
    • View Profile
-Simple button to disable all post-production. On/Off. Absolute must to see the changes, save linearly and not destroy already fine-tuned settings.

2nd that

2016-08-22, 10:46:51
Reply #59

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
For me the most needed features (beside already implemented ones) are LUTs - but implemented in such fashion, that user can select whole folder - and then easily switch between them (scroll), see the look, and choose the right one, because choosing one and then browsing t another is just a pain + intensity multiplier.
Another feature would be white balance color picker - this is a killer feature, adjusting separately temperature and tint is just very slow - this would be actually temperature + tint in one adjustable color. PLUS this is totally handy in hand with LUTs as one can adjust color balance to compensate LUTs own lets say too brutal color shift.
Regarding curves, I think a lot better than than direct control are sliders, like having shadows/highlights/blacks/whites (aka CameraRaw) + gamma (overall boost) with curve preview would be ideal from my point of view.

2016-10-29, 19:49:40
Reply #60

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Would love to see at least basic sharpening and midtones boosting (clarity). That would let to bypass photoshop in 90% cases for me.

2016-12-28, 12:11:11
Reply #61

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi.
Is there already a way to apply bloom/glare by Mat Id/Obj Id or by selected/excluded objects?

2017-01-02, 16:20:35
Reply #62

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Updated OP with stuff that got implemented

2017-03-25, 08:07:17
Reply #63

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is the white point picker planned for 1.6-1.7 release?

2017-05-04, 16:59:02
Reply #64

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I see that a histogram is crossed out on the first page of this thread, but I can't find it.
Is there one?
It would be a nice feature to have.

2017-05-04, 17:32:49
Reply #65

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
but I can't find it.

It is part of the Curves tool in the tone mapping section of cVFB.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-06-15, 10:59:04
Reply #66

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ability to adjust the DOF in VFB with picking in the vfb lick octane or fstorm
Asus Z10PE-D16 WS / Dual Xeon E5-2690 v4 @ 2.60GHz / RAM 64 Go - GTX 970
Win 10 / Max 2017 / Corona 1.4

2017-10-27, 11:18:11
Reply #67

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Still missing Color Tint picker (aka VFB+ style) - Is there anybody using Tint at all? This is a beautiful feature but in current implementatio (blindly trying to get it right) is just useless (or not?). I am just saying there are many scenes (or HDRIs) that has a strong color cast that need to be fixed.
Or at least, it would be great to have Green-Magenta slider (aka Lightroom Tint) inside Tint Color Selector. It would cover 99% of cases - as in reality Lightrooms Tint + Temperature does.
Also DOF picker would be great.
Can I get some update on these topics please? :))

2018-02-15, 09:23:47
Reply #68

sbrusse

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd love to have some chromatic aberration inside the VFB.

2018-02-15, 09:53:36
Reply #69

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

2018-04-04, 11:41:49
Reply #70

effilang

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-07-30, 12:47:39
Reply #71

AC5L4T3R

• Users
    • View Profile
I'd like the tonemapping controls not to effect whatever image I have loaded in as a backplate.

2018-07-30, 17:11:33
Reply #72

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What about local adjustments directly in VFB? Pretty much like in Adobe Camera Raw. To me, if Corona VFB had all the controls Adobe Camera Raw has, I'd never had to go to Photoshop for 3d work.

2018-07-30, 18:26:19
Reply #73

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Requests: pretty much most of the things that Dubcat has been covering in his thread re tonemapping.

For me I'd like to see reworked tonemapping from the ground up (proper filmic controls). Essentially I'd like DSLR like VFB results, especially with regard to burnouts/black crush and sometimes odd colour saturation. I've mentioned this before but if we could somehow port whatever FStorm is doing with their tonemapping to Corona I would never use FStorm again (well, apart from it's sweet geopattern feature and the way it cleans up DOF).

Vray who?

2019-04-03, 12:33:57
Reply #74

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
For me the most needed features (beside already implemented ones) are LUTs - but implemented in such fashion, that user can select whole folder - and then easily switch between them (scroll), see the look, and choose the right one, because choosing one and then browsing t another is just a pain

I don't quite get it. This is exactly how it currently works :) And intensity would be "Opacity". You just have to set the mouse focus to the LUT line (not the arrow), then scroll with mouse wheel.

Good Luck

2019-04-03, 12:56:28
Reply #75

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Requests: pretty much most of the things that Dubcat has been covering in his thread re tonemapping.

For me I'd like to see reworked tonemapping from the ground up (proper filmic controls). Essentially I'd like DSLR like VFB results, especially with regard to burnouts/black crush and sometimes odd colour saturation. I've mentioned this before but if we could somehow port whatever FStorm is doing with their tonemapping to Corona I would never use FStorm again (well, apart from it's sweet geopattern feature and the way it cleans up DOF).

This. Please.

2019-04-03, 14:29:35
Reply #76

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
For me the most needed features (beside already implemented ones) are LUTs - but implemented in such fashion, that user can select whole folder - and then easily switch between them (scroll), see the look, and choose the right one, because choosing one and then browsing t another is just a pain

I don't quite get it. This is exactly how it currently works :) And intensity would be "Opacity". You just have to set the mouse focus to the LUT line (not the arrow), then scroll with mouse wheel.

Good Luck

Maybe it wasn't how it works, back then in mid 2016?

2019-04-03, 14:58:29
Reply #77

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Oh yes, sure, my bad, dunno what happened. Was clicking on the jump-to-last-post button in the unread messages list and had that post in front of me - replied without looking at the date :)

Good Luck

2019-05-15, 11:55:32
Reply #78

Attila Cselovszki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We would like to create a before render script that loads in the chosen predefined setup to the post process config of VFB. In this way we would be able to apply LUT, Tone mapping, bloom etc in one round per camera in batch render. I know that all of these can be handled in render settings but ideally it would be nice to just load in our existing setups by script.
I would like to kindly request a direct access to the post process config via Maxscript.
Thanks in advance,
Attila

2019-06-10, 19:17:42
Reply #79

vicmds

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I searched for this, but haven't seen anyone mention it.

The VFB histogram doesn't respond to LightMix changes. Is there a limitation, or is it by design? It'd come in handy to have a real time feedback after adjusting the lights, if it's even possible/feasible

2019-06-11, 17:41:04
Reply #80

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We would like to create a before render script that loads in the chosen predefined setup to the post process config of VFB. In this way we would be able to apply LUT, Tone mapping, bloom etc in one round per camera in batch render. I know that all of these can be handled in render settings but ideally it would be nice to just load in our existing setups by script.
I would like to kindly request a direct access to the post process config via Maxscript.
Thanks in advance,
Attila

Pretty sure all of the post process settings are accessible via maxscript already as the post process settings are also available within render setup.

You can enter

show renderers.current

into the listener to see all available functions.

This spits out a list of every endpoint in maxscript for the corona settings

.geometry_accelerationStructure (devel_accelerationStructure) : integer
  .shading_primarySolver (performance_primarySolver) : integer
  .shading_secondarySolver (performance_secondarySolver) : integer
  .lights_samplesMult (performance_lightSamplesMultiplier) : float
  .shading_renderEngine (performance_renderEngine) : integer
  .progressive_timeLimit (main_timeLimit) : integer
  .shading_giToAaRatio (performance_giAaBalance) : integer
  .image_prefilter_type (framebuffer_imagePreFilterType) : integer
  .image_prefilter_width (framebuffer_imageFilterWidth) : float
  .geometry_minInstanceSaving (devel_minInstanceSaving) : integer
  .geometry_maxNormalDiff (devel_maxNormalDifference) : float
  .progressive_passLimit (main_passLimit) : integer
  .lights_solver (devel_lightsSolver) : integer
  .shading_maxSampleIntensity (performance_maxSampleIntensity) : float
  .shading_maxRayDepth (performance_maxRayDepth) : integer
  .bg_overrideDirect (enviro_directVisibilityOverride) : boolean
  .bg_overrideReflect (enviro_reflectionsOverride) : boolean
  .renderStamp (framebuffer_renderstamp) : string
  .lights_renderHidden (main_renderHiddenLights) : boolean
  .texmapFiltering (devel_texmapFiltering) : integer
  .bg_overrideRefract (enviro_refractionsOverride) : boolean
  .alphaAlwaysSolid (devel_allObjectsHaveSolidAlpha) : boolean
  .system_randomSampler (devel_randomSampler) : integer
  .renderstamp_use (framebuffer_renderstampUse) : boolean
  .lights_solverFracLocal (devel_combSolverLocalFrac) : float
  .lights_solverFractGlobal (devel_combSolverGlobalFrac) : float
  .lights_portalSampleFraction (devel_portalFraction) : float
  .colorMap_simpleExposure (camera_exposureEv) : float
  .colorMap_highlightCompression (camera_highlightCompression) : float
  .colorMap_colorTemp (camera_whiteBalance) : float
  .colorMap_contrast (camera_contrast) : float
  .gi_photons_emitted (photons_emitted) : integer
  .gi_photons_lookupCount (photons_lookupCount) : integer
  .gi_photons_storeDirect (photons_storeDirectLighting) : boolean
  .gi_photons_depth (photons_maxDepth) : integer
  .lights_samplingMode (devel_lightsSamplingMode) : integer
  .geometry_displace_maxSizeScreen (performance_displacementScreenSize) : float
  .mb_segmentsTransform (camera_motionBlurTransformationSegments) : integer
  .mb_segmentsGeometry (camera_motionBlurGeometrySegments) : integer
  .mb_frameOffset (camera_motionBlurFrameOffset) : float
  .gi_ppm_alpha (ppm_alphaRadiusReduction) : float
  .gi_ppm_initialRadius (ppm_initialLookupRadius) : float
  .gi_ppm_ptSamplesPerIter (ppm_PtSamplesPerIteration) : integer
  .gi_ppm_photonsPerIter (ppm_photonsPerIteration) : integer
  .gi_vcm_mis (vcm_useMis) : boolean
  .gi_vcm_mode (vcm_mode) : integer
  .gi_vpl_emittedCount (vpl_emittedCount) : integer
  .gi_vpl_usedCount (vpl_usedCount) : integer
  .gi_vpl_clamping (vpl_maxIntensityClamping) : float
  .gi_vpl_progressiveBatch (vpl_vplsPerBatch) : integer
  .dof_bokehResolution (camera_customBokehResolution) : integer
  .dof_bokehBlades (camera_bladedBokehBlades) : integer
  .dof_bokehRotation (camera_bladedBokehRotation) : float
  .dof_use (camera_depthOfFieldEnable) : boolean
  .dof_sensorWidth (camera_sensorWidth) : float
  .bg_texmapUseReflect (enviro_reflectionsOverrideTexmapUse) : boolean
  .bg_texmapUseMain (enviro_texmapUseMain) : boolean
  .bg_texmapUseRefract (enviro_refractionsOverrideTexmapUse) : boolean
  .bg_texmapUseDirect (enviro_directVisilibityOverrideTexmapUse) : boolean
  .mtlOverride_enabled (main_mtlOverrideEnabled) : boolean
  .mtlOverride_includeMode (main_mtlOverrideIncludeMode) : boolean
  .bg_color (enviro_colorMain) : RGB color
  .shading_exitColor (devel_exitColor) : RGB color
  .bg_colorDirect (enviro_directVisibilityOverrideColor) : RGB color
  .bg_colorReflect (enviro_reflectionsOverrideColor) : RGB color
  .bg_colorRefract (enviro_refractionsOverrideColor) : RGB color
  .geometry_displace_maxSizeWorld (performance_displacementWorldSize) : worldUnits
  .mtlOverride (main_mtlOverride) : material
  .bg_texmap (enviro_texmapMain) : texturemap
  .bg_texmapDirect (enviro_directVisibilityOverrideTexmap) : texturemap
  .bg_texmapReflect (enviro_reflectionsOverrideTexmap) : texturemap
  .bg_texmapRefract (enviro_refractionsOverrideTexmap) : texturemap
  .dof_bokehTexmap (camera_customBokehTexmap) : texturemap
  .overrideMtl_exclude (main_mtlOverrideExclude) : node array
  .globalVolumeMtl (enviro_globalVolumeMaterial) : material
  .lights_enviroDistance (devel_enviroDistance) : worldUnits
  .dr_slaveAddresses : string array
  .dr_slaveResolvedNames : string array
  .dr_enable : boolean
  .dr_synchInterval (dr_synchronizationInterval) : integer
  .dr_searchDuringRender (dr_searchLanDuringRender) : boolean
  .system_drMaxDumpPixels (dr_maxPixelsToTransferAtOnce) : integer
  .globalVolumeMtl_use (enviro_useGlobalVolumeMaterial) : boolean
  .dof_bokehShape (camera_apertureShapeBokeh) : integer
  .mb_useCamera (camera_motionBlurEnableCamera) : boolean
  .mb_useGeometry (camera_motionBlurEnableGeometry) : boolean
  .stringOptions (devel_stringOptions) : string
  .gi_uhdCache_precalcMode (hdcache_precomputationMode) : integer
  .gi_uhdCache_save (hdcache_afterRender) : boolean
  .dr_retainExr (dr_retainExrs) : boolean
  .vfb_clearBetweenRenders (framebuffer_clearVfbInbetweenRenders) : boolean
  .colorMap_iso (camera_iso) : float
  .colorMap_fStop (camera_fStop) : float
  .colorMap_shutterSpeed (camera_shutterSpeed) : float
  .colorMap_tint (camera_colorTint) : RGB color
  .geometry_embree_lowMemory (devel_embreeLowMemory) : boolean
  .geometry_embree_highQuality (devel_embreeHighQuality) : boolean
  .geometry_embree_precise (devel_ebmreeprecise) : boolean
  .bg_source (enviro_sceneEnvironmentSource) : integer
  .geometry_displace_subdivType (performance_displacementType) : integer
  .interactive_giSamplesMult (interactiveGiAaRatioMultiplier) : float
  .interactive_hdPrecompMult (interactiveHdcachePrecompDensityMultiplier) : float
  .interactive_hdQualityMult (interactiveHdCacheRecordQualityMultiplier) : float
  .multithreadedParsing (devel_multithreadedParsing) : boolean
  .cloneTexmaps (devel_cloneTexmaps) : boolean
  .gi_uhdCache_doViz (hdcache_doViz) : boolean
  .gi_uhdcache_precision (uhdcache_precision) : float
  .gi_uhdcache_precompDensity (uhdcache_precompDensity) : float
  .gi_uhdcache_interpolationCount (uhdcache_interpolationCount) : integer
  .gi_uhdcache_normalSensitivity (uhdcache_normalSensitivity) : float
  .gi_uhdcache_dirSensitivity (uhdcache_dirSensitivity) : float
  .gi_uhdcache_glossThreshold (uhdcache_glossyThreshold) : float
  .rolloutsStatus : string
  .mtlEditor_lightsIntensity (materialEditorLightsIntensity) : float
  .mtlEditor_lightsSize (materialEditorLightsSize) : float
  .gi_uhdcache_preset (uhdcache_preset) : integer
  .interactive_passLimit (system_interactivePassLimit) : integer
  .mtlOverride_preserveDisplacement (main_mtlOverridePreservesDisplacement) : boolean
  .colormap_additionalGamma : float
  .colormap_exposureType (camera_exposureType) : integer
  .lockSamplingPattern (performance_lockSamplingPattern) : boolean
  .dr_numThreads : integer
  .renderSelected_mode (main_renderSelected_mode) : integer
  .renderSelected_objectId (main_renderSelected_objectId) : integer
  .renderSelected_list (main_renderSelected_includeExclude) : node array
  .renderSelected_includeMode (main_renderSelected_includeMod) : boolean
  .adaptivity_enable (Enable_image_space_adaptivity) : boolean
  .adaptivity_targetError (Target_image_noise_level__error) : float
  .denoise_filterType (Denoising_algorithm_type) : integer
  .denoise_sensitivity (Denoising_strength) : float
  .denoise_blendAmount (Denoising_blend_amount__0___1) : float
  .shading_fbSampleClamp (Frame_buffer_samples_clamping) : float
  .adaptivity_interval (Adaptivity_recompute_interval) : integer
  .denoise_textureBlur (Texture_denoising_blurring) : float
  .colorMap_filmic_highlightCompression (colormap_filmic_highlights) : float
  .colorMap_filmic_richShadows (colormap_filmic_shadows) : float
  .colorMap_saturation : float
  .shading_onlyElements (Render_only_elements_and_masks__as_opposed_to_full_shading) : boolean
  .vignette_intensity : float
  .vignette_falloff : float
  .bloomGlare_bloomIntensity : float
  .bloomGlare_glareIntensity : float
  .bloomGlare_colorIntensity : float
  .bloomGlare_colorShift : float
  .bloomGlare_streakCount : integer
  .bloomGlare_rotation : float
  .bloomGlare_streakBlur : float
  .bloomGlare_threshold : float
  .colorMap_lightmixColors (LightMix_individual_lights_colors) : point3 array
  .colorMap_lightmixIntensities (LightMix_individual_lights_intensities) : float array
  .colorMap_lut_enable (lut_enable) : boolean
  .colorMap_lut_opacity (lut_opacity) : float
  .colorMap_lut_convertToLog (lut_convertToLog) : boolean
  .bloomGlare_enabled : boolean
  .colorMap_colorTemp15Hack (Legacy_1_5_color_balance) : boolean
  .lights_enviroSolver (Environment_light_solver) : integer
  .curves_enable (Use_curve_color_mapping) : boolean
  .curves_master_nodes (Nodes_of_the_brightness_channel_of_curve_color_mapping) : point3 array
  .curves_master_interpol (Interpolation_type_of_the_brightness_channel) : integer
  .curves_r_nodes (Nodes_of_the_red_channel_of_curve_color_mapping) : point3 array
  .curves_r_interpol (Interpolation_type_of_the_red_channel) : integer
  .curves_g_nodes (Nodes_of_the_green_channel_of_curve_color_mapping) : point3 array
  .curves_g_interpol (Interpolation_type_of_the_green_channel) : integer
  .curves_b_nodes (Nodes_of_the_blue_channel_of_curve_color_mapping) : point3 array
  .curves_b_interpol (Interpolation_type_of_the_blue_channel) : integer
  .bloomGlare_halfFloat : boolean
  .sharpening_amount : float
  .sharpening_radius : float
  .renderstamp_fontSize (Render_Stamp_size__px) : integer
  .system_vfbRegions (List_of_VFB_regions) : point3 array
  .system_vfbRegions_enabled (Enable_disable_VFB_regions) : boolean
  .obsoleteTabParam (Removed_parameter) : int array
  .colorMap_enabled (Enable_tone_mapping) : boolean
  .colormap_lightmix_elementNames (Names_of_LightSelect_elements) : string array
  .colorMap_lightmixEnabledLayers (On_off_boolean_parameter_for_each_light_group) : boolean array
  .blurring_radius : float
  .sharpening_blurring_enable : boolean
  .progressive_interlacingLevel (IR_progressive_renderer_subsampling) : integer
  .dr_slaveEnabled (Enable_each_slave_in_DR) : boolean array
  .terminator_shadowShift (Terminator_shadow_shift) : float
  .terminator_bumpShadowSharpness (Terminator_bump_mapping_sharpness) : float
  .system_drRenderStripOnly (Render_only_one_strip_at_a_time) : boolean
  .interactive_forcePt (Force_PT_PT_for_interactive_rendering) : boolean
  .interactive_showFps (Show_FPS_counter_for_interactive_rendering) : boolean
  .geometry_hairSubdivs (Hair_tesselation_subdivs) : integer
  .hairPlanes (Planar_hair) : boolean
  .gi_uhdCache_file (hdcache_saveLoadFilename) : filename
  .colorMap_lut_path (lut_path) : filename
  .lights_useAdaptiveSolver (Use_1_7_experimental_adaptive_light_solver) : boolean
  .interactive_measureFps (Benchmark_interactive_performance__JUST_FOR_DEBUGGING) : boolean
  .meta_lastMaxVersion (3ds_Max_version_in_which_this_scene_was_saved_last) : string
  .meta_savedInMaxVersions (List_of_versions_in_which_this_scene_was_saved) : string
  .meta_systemUnitsToMm (Scene_system_units_to_millimeters) : float
  .meta_displayUnits (Scene_display_units) : string
  .meta_coronaVersion (Current_Corona_version) : string
  .mtlOverride_preserveLightMtl (main_mtlOverridePreservesLightMtl) : boolean
  .mtlOverride_preservePortalMtl (main_mtlOverridePreservesPortalMtl) : boolean
  .mtlOverride_preserveUnsupportedMtl (main_mtlOverridePreservesUnsupportedMtl) : boolean
  .mtlOverride_preserveGlassMtl (main_mtlOverridePreservesGlassMtl) : boolean
  .denoise_duringRender : boolean
  .geometry_displace_useAutoBump (displace_useAutoBump) : boolean
  .devel_enable : boolean
  .system_tooltips_enable (tooltips_enable) : boolean
  .system_language : string
  .system_numThreads (num_threads) : integer
  .vfb_3dsMaxUpdateInterval (3ds_max_vfb_update_interval) : integer
  .system_vfbHistoryAutosave (vfb_history_autosave) : boolean
  .system_vfbHistoryMaxSizeMb (vfb_history_max_size_mb) : integer
  .lockMax (lock_max) : boolean
  .mtlEditor_custom (mtl_editor_custom) : boolean
  .mtlEditor_quality (mtl_editor_quality) : float
  .interactive_numThreads (interactive_num_threads) : integer
  .interactive_mtlEditor (interactive_mtl_editor) : boolean
  .vfb_autosave_enable : boolean
  .vfb_autosave_interval (vfb_autosave_internal) : float
  .vfb_autosave_countEnd (vfb_autosave_count_end) : integer
  .vfb_autosave_count : integer
  .vfb_autosave_filename : string
  .vfb_type : integer
  .system_vfbTitle (vfb_title) : string
  .colorpicker_space : integer
  .colorpicker_range : integer

2019-11-23, 23:31:30
Reply #81

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dehaze, like in photoshop raw dehaze.

2020-03-30, 16:20:24
Reply #82

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If all goes well, we will get new bloom and glare in Corona 6 (remember the roadmap is tentative though - so no promises can be made!) - https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-tentative-road-map-3ds-max

2020-04-29, 19:09:35
Reply #83

Deviianne

• Users
    • View Profile
It's been almost 3 years from last update of the post and there is still no ICC profiles in VFB. This is really crucial for people working on wide gamut displays. Please add this option.