Author Topic: Restaurant in Uk  (Read 3398 times)

2015-11-05, 16:22:37

filippo.previtali

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,
these are few images of our latest commissioned job.
As always any feedback is more than appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

F

2015-11-05, 16:40:34
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Since you asking feedback - i always hate those motion blured people, especially in interiors, they look odd and fake.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-11-05, 17:05:57
Reply #2

filippo.previtali

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
thanks for your comment.
I cannot agree more...but this was a request from the client and I thought it was right to post the delivered version of the images.
I do think for this particular visual, you don't need people at all.

Thanks again.

F

2015-11-05, 17:15:10
Reply #3

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
Motion blurred people are sometimes used in interior photography thou, and even way more blurred so it's not the worst thing.
In the 2nd image bar chair base looks like it protrudes to the ground. The base is way to small  for the chair to stand stable. I also would like some more brightness in the images, at least on some parts of it, they look a bit gloomy.   

2015-11-08, 13:56:49
Reply #4

gabyanz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Filippo :)

I see that you are testing Corona now.. how are your feelings with it?

I like the image... but seems a bit dark and I think that there are some light/shadows problems...

The "trumpet" chandelier seems not to light the room.. are you using the material directly converted from vray?

The parquet material... seems a bit strange, it's wood or ceramic? I don't see any texture on it, only color...

(We met at AD6 in Venice, I was the girl sitting in front of you ;) )

Gab

2015-11-08, 23:12:21
Reply #5

filippo.previtali

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Filippo :)

I see that you are testing Corona now.. how are your feelings with it?

I like the image... but seems a bit dark and I think that there are some light/shadows problems...

The "trumpet" chandelier seems not to light the room.. are you using the material directly converted from vray?

The parquet material... seems a bit strange, it's wood or ceramic? I don't see any texture on it, only color...

(We met at AD6 in Venice, I was the girl sitting in front of you ;) )

Gab

Hi Gab,
nice to find you here.
Thanks for you comments.
I love Corona and here at Dscribe we have decided to leave Vray for what concern still mages ( I didn't have any chance to give Corona a go on animation yet).
I understand your point on the black areas but I did struggle a lot with the client because they were really stubborn on the gloomy feeling of the images. They didn't want any super bright areas at all and they asked for this kind of images. As I said, this was a commissioned job. Had I the chance to work more freely, the images would have been different.
I agree with you, the trumpet chandelier is the part I like the least of the images. I was truggling with the look of the bulb itself. I always found  it tricky and I know it's a shared issue. I usually work on the materials from scratch.
The parquet was ceramic and again, the client requested for a very slick feeling... no texture (although there is a subtle glossines map).
This was my first job with a proper interior designer company (we usually work for architects, which give you more freedom in terms of composition and lighting), and I decided to post it here for this reason.

Thanks again for your comments and hope to see you again soon.

F

2015-11-09, 10:28:06
Reply #6

gabyanz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Filippo,

I perfectly understand what you are saying... most of my work is "controlled" by designers that sometimes have not a clear idea of what they want... but in their opinion is  the opposite ;)

hope to read you again here :)

Gabry