Author Topic: Corrupt / Problematic Max Files  (Read 10227 times)

2017-06-08, 14:52:49

PastaJackal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Our archviz studio recently transitioned from Vray to Corona due to how amazing it is, but we seem to be getting a lot of recurring issues with Max files not loading. We are solving this by trying several other machines to load the scenes and then saving them out again, but it has become quite a nuisance and painfully time wasting. Especially when a scene won't load when you saved it yourself only an hour ago...

Has anyone else been experiencing something similar? Could it be Corona, or just a strange Max bug?

We're using Corona 1.6 and 3ds Max 2016.

Thanks!

2017-06-08, 15:09:59
Reply #1

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also have this problem now and again in the studio, sometimes the file is just super slow at opening. We thought it was the file compression but it still happens just less often now that we have turned that off.

Doing a garbage collection can fix it for a while.

Also running Max 2016 but with Corona 1.6.1

2017-06-08, 17:17:10
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We are solving this by trying several other machines to load the scenes and then saving them out again
This would suggest that this is not a Corona-related problem, but rather something wrong with that specific computer. I can't see any other reason why loading/saving a file would work on some PCs, and not on some other.

Could you send any scene where such problems appear to us at support@corona-renderer.com?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-06-09, 05:03:12
Reply #3

PastaJackal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you send any scene where such problems appear to us at support@corona-renderer.com?

Thank you, I'm currently uploading a scene I just had issue with via WeTransfer to the provided address.

Appreciate your efforts :)

2017-06-09, 11:11:48
Reply #4

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Our archviz studio recently transitioned from Vray to Corona due to how amazing it is, but we seem to be getting a lot of recurring issues with Max files not loading. We are solving this by trying several other machines to load the scenes and then saving them out again, but it has become quite a nuisance and painfully time wasting. Especially when a scene won't load when you saved it yourself only an hour ago...

Has anyone else been experiencing something similar? Could it be Corona, or just a strange Max bug?

We're using Corona 1.6 and 3ds Max 2016.

Thanks!

Sometime ago I have same problem with max 2017 files for ArchViz animation (exterior shorts with many plant's and people from Populate 3dmax system)///
And project was been exactly in Vray render /not Corona///
I found this problem in Populate 3d max system, /with Populate people max filesize increase  In a mad progression, for example must be 120 mb ----increase to 800mb-1.5GB from time to
time saving//
Its happened  Even with people making from Populate system via 3dmax point cache////
may be it's old problem of 3dmax with animation data cache tracks and files sizes///
In any case I would advise to check the file sizes
Before and after the last save :)

2017-06-15, 19:40:19
Reply #5

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 - I'm having the exact same issue - scenes won't open after save.  Have to merge into a new file.  Max 2016 latest Corona

2017-06-15, 19:50:05
Reply #6

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 - I'm having the exact same issue - scenes won't open after save.  Have to merge into a new file.  Max 2016 latest Corona

does it work if you open empty max, a fresh scene. do the GC() garbage collection. close max. open problematic file? this seems to solve it 90% of the time but I don't know why it is needed.

2017-06-15, 20:00:19
Reply #7

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile

does it work if you open empty max, a fresh scene. do the GC() garbage collection. close max. open problematic file? this seems to solve it 90% of the time but I don't know why it is needed.

not sure - not tried it - it's quicker to merge it - it literally takes like 2 seconds to merge in - or does the gc mean it opens on all future opens

2017-06-15, 20:01:47
Reply #8

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

not sure - not tried it - it's quicker to merge it - it literally takes like 2 seconds to merge in - or does the gc mean it opens on all future opens

It lasts a few files.... heh. Sometimes can last a while but the problem always comes back for some reason.

2017-06-20, 04:53:41
Reply #9

rbriches

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys any news on this topic! I`m having the same  issue. The studio were I work is transitioning from Vray to Corona but everyone in the office is having this annoying problem.
The Corona scene do not open after been saved....only way to"fix" it (not always works) is do ask some one else to open the scene and re-save it.

2017-06-20, 09:22:04
Reply #10

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys any news on this topic! I`m having the same  issue. The studio were I work is transitioning from Vray to Corona but everyone in the office is having this annoying problem.
The Corona scene do not open after been saved....only way to"fix" it (not always works) is do ask some one else to open the scene and re-save it.

So with VRay it was working fine?

I'm still stuck using the garbage collector when ever the problem occurs. I've reinstalled windows and max to try and fix it, it did nothing.

2017-06-20, 09:36:11
Reply #11

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I haven't encountered this yet but let's try to track this down a bit:

- is this happening with 1.6 hotfix only or also with 1.6?
- anyone else having Vray on the same machine, possibly a Vray asset in the scene somewhere?

2017-06-20, 13:47:11
Reply #12

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

- anyone else having Vray on the same machine, possibly a Vray asset in the scene somewhere?

For us I don't remember when. it wasnt the hot fix though. We only have Vray demo incase we need to convert Vray assets.

2017-06-21, 03:42:11
Reply #13

rbriches

• Users
    • View Profile

-We are currently using 1.6 in Max 2016. Not hot fix installed yet.
-We still all have Vray 3.5. But we are cleaning all the scene now so I believe there are no extra assets or junk elements!
-This issue is happening with big scene as well as small files.
-For now the only solution we have fund is let another machine open the scene and re-save. Then re-open the scene using the Open Function in Max.
-We also uninstall all Viz Park plugins. There is a topic somewhere that talk about issue opening scene if Viz Park plug-in are installed

I know it sounds ridiculous but this is happening since the migration in corona and only with Corona scene, even if created from scratch  .

2017-10-11, 09:50:44
Reply #14

mostro32

• Users
    • View Profile
We are solving this by trying several other machines to load the scenes and then saving them out again
This would suggest that this is not a Corona-related problem, but rather something wrong with that specific computer. I can't see any other reason why loading/saving a file would work on some PCs, and not on some other.

Hi Maru,
Just did a test, uninstalled corona, file opens in 2 minutes, Re-installed Corona 20+ minutes to open.
Have we found a fix on this? will it be fixed in 1.7?

Thank you so much!