Author Topic: window glass Material issue  (Read 1623 times)

2020-11-14, 12:15:12

Jesse

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona-Render Family :)

I have a question regarding Corona Render and window-glass material.

In vray I was used to use glass with a thickness of 5mm.
In postproduction I had a pure refraction channel and a pure reflection channel.

When I do this in Corona there are also reflections in the refraction channel.
If I look at the glass in a flat angle, I sometimes have almost no refraction information in the refraction channel. But almost only reflection. (pls see attached images)

I also have to select Caustics, otherwise I get strange refraction/reflection. Distorted reflections wrong refraction. But this is no problem in terms of noise. I like to take the time to render for pure realism.

Corona Render Forum recommends to use glass without thickness and then select thin(no refraction).
If I do that, I can't get behind the glass in post production. The refraction channel in the multipass is empty.

The only solution I could think of is to set the refractive index to 1.0, so I have no problems with distorted refraction and no more reflections in the refraction channel.
But then it is not 100% realistic.

Can anybody help me out.

1. I really would like to use glass with an refractive index of 1.52 without having reflection on my refraction channel.

2. What can i do to get the information behind the glass if i have selected thin(no refraction) and the refraction channel in the multipass is empty.

Many thanks in advance, Jesse

P.S: i also have the problem that the material ID channel in multipass is empty, although i have assigned a material ID to the glass!
« Last Edit: 2020-11-14, 14:10:55 by Jesse »