Author Topic: The new Corona Converter feedback thread  (Read 68406 times)

2023-07-14, 11:14:28
Reply #165

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@James Vella, maybe it's worth creating new topic in the user contribution board?

Sure if it helps. I didnt want to create a 3rd thread about it and bog down the forum but since you moderate this place I can do that if you think its best.

Especially if you have plans to continue development of the script. Honestly, judging by the amount of users requesting physical to Corona material conversion, i think your effort deserves a lot more attention than it got so far.

Not sure if I plan on developing it further but just wanted to help out for the time being and give myself a little project to work on. All the code is in .ms format so you can copy/paste, change, learn from it, whatever to suit your own workflow.

Also happy to hear some feedback about its real-world use since I'm just doing what I think would be useful but I dont actually ever use Autodesk Physical materials so I'm just pushing buttons =D

I would personally love something like this that works the other way too. Corona TO physical for the times where you need to share a model as say an FBX and the other party doesnt have corona.

2023-07-14, 14:56:45
Reply #166

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would personally love something like this that works the other way too. Corona TO physical for the times where you need to share a model as say an FBX and the other party doesnt have corona.

This! Would love to have such funcionality too.

2023-07-14, 18:28:58
Reply #167

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Sure, I can invert the code so it works the other way around. Give me a week or 2 ill take a look.

2023-07-15, 09:08:06
Reply #168

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually didnt take too long to invert, still version 01 though so a few things to iron out. Test it out @Jpjapers and @Ink Visual. You can download the Corona Physical to Autodesk Physical converter in the below post.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=40480.0

2023-08-09, 12:48:59
Reply #169

Neil Cross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A common error that pops up is Falloff map in Fresnel model is not supported in Base IOR slot.
Is there anyway we can get a button like Fix CoronaNormal "Incorrect gamma" warnings.
Im not sure of the best solution but this would be a huge time saver!

2023-09-27, 15:18:38
Reply #170

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think I am missing something here, but

A common error that pops up is Falloff map in Fresnel model is not supported in Base IOR slot.
This is just a wrong thing to do. You should never do this.

Is there anyway we can get a button like Fix CoronaNormal "Incorrect gamma" warnings.
Im not sure of the best solution but this would be a huge time saver!
There is such a button in the converter script window and in the error message itself.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-10-23, 11:00:21
Reply #171

Neil Cross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is just a wrong thing to do. You should never do this.
Yes but explain that to the thousands of modelers uploading models to the web. Im just trying to find a quick fix to models set up incorrectly.

2023-10-23, 12:04:43
Reply #172

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good morning guys, im having this issue on several models now, im i doing something wrong? here is the screenshot for the issue

2023-10-23, 16:00:22
Reply #173

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Good morning guys, im having this issue on several models now, im i doing something wrong? here is the screenshot for the issue

Try increasing the maxscript heap allocation size as instructed here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528127520017-I-am-getting-MAXScript-Auto-load-Script-Error
Generally, searching for error messages in our help center is a good idea. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-10-23, 20:08:37
Reply #174

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Try increasing the maxscript heap allocation size as instructed here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528127520017-I-am-getting-MAXScript-Auto-load-Script-Error
Generally, searching for error messages in our help center is a good idea. :)

Already try that, here the screenshot.

2023-10-27, 09:13:09
Reply #175

diaa

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi
This is my first post here
I hope the video is useful in clarifying the problem..
This is the problem of delay in changing between lists of materials..
During the work project, the process becomes slower and slower..
I hope there is a solution to this problem, thank you ♥

2023-10-27, 10:03:48
Reply #176

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

Hi,

Go to viewports configuration>display performance and decrease baked procedural maps resolution to something like 1024 px or lower, see if that helps.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-10-28, 05:40:26
Reply #177

diaa

• Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Go to viewports configuration>display performance and decrease baked procedural maps resolution to something like 1024 px or lower, see if that helps.

Thanks, but that didn't help anything
But I have an observation
This problem is old and was slower than that in the previous version Corona Render 9
It has been improved in the new version of Corona Render 10
Things have become much better than before, but the issue of slowness is still noticeable, and I hope there is a solution to this problem