Author Topic: Improved support of max colour management  (Read 1516 times)

2024-04-25, 10:48:06
Reply #15

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From my point of view, the Agx color management is quite seducing. Nice highlight falloff, colors OK, i like the desaturated aspect as will on high values.

I most of the time use your AgX matrix (thanks) + custom 1D curve made with Lutcalc, and it works quite well.

I also tend to have little photoshop editing at the end, so i like to have my colors right in the render, and i find it very hard to finetune them in the VFB.

So i thought of finding the nice color setups with a lut in Resolve, and then bake them with AgX in one single LUT.

are you using Corona Image Editor?
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube

2024-04-25, 11:54:43
Reply #16

muoto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
almost never.

always the 3dsmax corona vfb with some editing in the tone mapping (but very simple, most of the time just AgX Lut), and most of the time directly saved to .jpg

2024-04-25, 12:22:48
Reply #17

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
looks like you have everything you need here:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=40952.msg216985#msg216985

you are good to go with luts I posted a while ago.
edit: no need for string options or gamma operators in vfb.

in Corona Image Editor / VFB:

LUT: mP_Corona_AgX_A_matrix.cube  (this is color matrix from AgX ocio config simulated as lut for Corona and Corona only, it relies on how Corona handles luts, will not work as expected anywhere else - use ocio instead)
LUT(logarythmic): mP_Corona_AgX_B_log_AgX_kraken.cube (this take us to AgX Log (Kraken) - make all your colour correction, grading, look or whatever here)

here goes your custom look, lut most likely. create it on AgX Log (Kraken) image saved from CIE or frame buffer. in Fusion, Photoshop etc.

LUT: AgX_Default_Contrast.cube (attached below, this one would put your Kraken log nicely on a srgb display. edit: nicely but still missing the "look" so it is "bland" on purpose. this is cube version on the lut from original AgX ocio. 1D lut, just a contrast curve. you can obviously add this transform to your look for convenience)

and if you find AgX great - do not forget to say Thank You to Troy Sobotka: https://blenderartists.org/t/dealing-with-aces-agx-srgb/1480752/662

« Last Edit: 2024-04-25, 12:26:30 by piotrus3333 »
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube