Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

dual CPU issues?

(1/7) > >>

doillo:
Hello,

I answer a C4D post cos I have similar issue than an user posted, but I have not noticed the post was in c4d forum, and my issue is at 3dsmax.
Im going to open new threat here:

I have 2 computers one with Asus z10pe-d16 ws motherboard with 2x e5-2696v4 (88 threats). And my other computer is a e5-2678v3 (24 threats)

At several benchmarks, the dual system is more than 3 times powerfull than the single cpu computer (cinebenchR15, cinebenchR20, cinebenchR23, coronabenchmark 1.3...)

But when I'm rendering with corona DR (3dsmax 2021.3 and corona 6.2), dual system makes only 1.1~1.2 times more passes than the single cpu system... How it can be possible?
At first time, I though I had LAN issues, but doesn't matter wich computer is slaving or is the main. The result is the same. Also, if I put the same scene at the same time in each computer to render. Dual system is only 1.1~1.2 faster than the single one... So, what is going on?!

When dual system is rendering, 88 threats are full load (100%) all the time without any drop... So I guess corona is not handling properly dual CPUs computers. I guess, corona is rendering with both CPUs in "PARALLEL" instead of in "SERIAL" (adding passes). Cos something is missing or failing at corona programing code... And that makes sense why if I deactivate one cpu in the dual system, the performance rise a bit... Cos again, is just a guess, I think both cpus are fighting to render the same pass at same time, reading the same info at RAM at same time. But at the end, only 1 CPU passes are counting...

I made some test with vray also, and results are more or less expected (dual system renders 3 times more buckets than single cpu system)

So, anyone can send some light to this problem?

TomG:
Ooops you were saying it is NOT C4D

maru:
What scores are your computers getting in the Corona Benchmark? https://corona-renderer.com/benchmark

doillo:

--- Quote from: maru on 2021-08-02, 14:45:51 ---What scores are your computers getting in the Corona Benchmark? https://corona-renderer.com/benchmark

--- End quote ---

Hi, dual CPU system score are VERY far from the single CPU system:

2x E5-2696v4: 32 seconds

1x E5-5678v3: 1 minute and 51 seconds

That's why I am wondering something is wrong here....

doillo:
I am doing a fresh format and reinstalling everything on again... Let's see tomorrow doing test how it is going on.

Meanwhile, I have done Vray benchmark too, and dual system is clearly more than 3 times faster and powerfull than the single one... I don't know why this doesn't translate to 3 times faster renderings in corona and 3dsmax (or at least 2 times faster, but almost the same performance is strange).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version