General Category > Learner’s Corner

Anodized Aluminum/Apple Mac Pro

(1/2) > >>

John.McWaters:
I'm trying to create a better anodized aluminum material for use with objects/electronics (such as Apple products) as well as architectural components such as aluminum window mullions. This is my progress so far.

maru:
It looks awesome!
I am not sure if it exists in real life references of this material, but for extra realism, especially in the close-ups, you could try adding a layer of thin film manually or using this plugin https://www.sigershop.eu/free-3ds-max-plugins/sigertexmaps-thinfilm/

John.McWaters:
Are you referring to mimicking a thin layer of finish on the outside of the aluminum?

maru:
I mean a very thin layer of rainbowy film, when you see something really up close. I am just not sure if this effect appears on metals.

steyin:

--- Quote from: maru on 2019-07-11, 11:40:16 ---I mean a very thin layer of rainbowy film, when you see something really up close. I am just not sure if this effect appears on metals.

--- End quote ---
I've noticed looking at many metal samples (mainly silver color) in the office that there is a layer that appears as a mix of green/purple at certain angles (unless it isn't an additional finish but just a characteristic of the specular reflection itself).
That micro specular color varies for other colored metals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version