Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Tutorials & Guides

Batch Editing Images with Corona Image Editor

<< < (3/17) > >>

hkezer:
uploaded and i guess denoise is already applied. Rebusfarm told me that to use denoise I need to save it as cxr, thats why its like that. otherwise i could have sent it as it meant to be.

And yes you got it right, it was faster for me to opening by hand, cliking load and selecting the file, then saving as png. :)

TomG:

--- Quote from: hkezer on 2017-08-24, 11:27:23 ---uploaded and i guess denoise is already applied. Rebusfarm told me that to use denoise I need to save it as cxr, thats why its like that. otherwise i could have sent it as it meant to be.

And yes you got it right, it was faster for me to opening by hand, cliking load and selecting the file, then saving as png. :)

--- End quote ---

Your set of steps did not include "Run denoising"... you did do that in the CIE?

hkezer:
The result i see on the image editor is sufficient enough. But the problem is, opening it by hand, then clicking load, selecting the file, then saving is faster than using the script. That is weird

TomG:
Well, if you are asking the script to run denoising, it will take longer :) Opening the image in the CIE with Denoise data that was saved for later does no denoising at all, you just have the regular non-Denoised image until you explicitly run the calculations based on the saved data. That is definitely the time consuming part, and if the scripting you are using invokes denoising, that is why running the script takes significantly longer, as the denoising is the time intensive part.

If you are just saving from the CIE without running denoising, that means you aren't using it at all and could have submitted the job to the render farm going straight to PNG (at least as far as the denoising is concerned, depends on whether you are adjusting any other post process things like tone mapping etc differently than what was set in the VFB, though it doesn't sound like it).

mike288:
I have inspected the provided CXR and conf:

* the image contains only beauty
* it is already denoised and the conf has denoising turned off, so the command-line editor version (CLI) running behind the batch script is not performing any denoising
* the conf switches bloom and glare on, hence the effects has to be computed both in CLI (automatically) and GUI (after manual loading the conf)
I see nothing wrong. The CLI version (and hence the batch script) is pretty swift on my machine. It takes about 3 seconds to process it. I doubt that I would be able to do it faster in GUI by hand.

I have also checked CLI executable what it truly does for that file. Everything seemed OK.

Is it slower every time? Even on different machines? What corona version do you use?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version