Author Topic: Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 39319 times)

2023-02-02, 07:59:51
Reply #60

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just caught 3ds max freezing when changing the focal lens setting in a new lister, during an interactive render.
And in general, the behavior of spinners is very strange, if I hold down the left mouse button, move it down for example to decrease the value and keep the key pressed, then the values continue to change even when I do not move the mouse, this is very annoying.

PS it would be nice to have an ISO setting in the lister to control photo exposure without affecting F-stop and shutter speed, which can affect the look of the picture
« Last Edit: 2023-02-02, 08:46:46 by marchik »

2023-02-02, 08:50:55
Reply #61

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
hey Devs

previous scene open on new daily, crashes.  Reverted back to previous daily, all good.
Hey,

Can you provide some more information? I'm afraid this isn't enough for me to work out what is going on..

Sending the scene to us would be a good start, instructions on how to do this are in my signature.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-02-02, 22:48:02
Reply #62

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
submitted thanks.

hey Devs

previous scene open on new daily, crashes.  Reverted back to previous daily, all good.
Hey,

Can you provide some more information? I'm afraid this isn't enough for me to work out what is going on..

Sending the scene to us would be a good start, instructions on how to do this are in my signature.

Rowan

2023-02-06, 04:53:34
Reply #63

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found the latest daily to introduce some lag with modifier spinners and certain selections while IR was running.  I don't know if it was just me or not...I had to downgrade because I am on a deadline but thought I'd put it out there in case anyone is experiencing anything else similar.  Things did seem back to normal when I downgraded to the next most recent daily, but I can always upgrade again when time allows.

Thanks,
Daniel

2023-02-10, 07:36:05
Reply #64

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey devs - ive got an underwater scene, how does the new inside volume work?  Cant seem to make it look right

2023-02-10, 12:03:06
Reply #65

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
hey devs - ive got an underwater scene, how does the new inside volume work?  Cant seem to make it look right

Hi, I am not a dev, but got some information for you:
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/11905001704977

Please always attach screenshots and provide enough information to understand the issue.
Are you using the latest Daily Build of Corona 10?
Did you set up the scene correctly?
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-02-13, 04:36:38
Reply #66

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Aram - appreciate the link.

Hi, I am not a dev, but got some information for you:
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/11905001704977

Please always attach screenshots and provide enough information to understand the issue.
Are you using the latest Daily Build of Corona 10?
Did you set up the scene correctly?

2023-02-13, 21:27:41
Reply #67

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Reproducable "bug" (but perhaps limitation) of ChaosScan Parallax and Bump multiplier resetting to default values open re-importing them as saved .MAT file.
Recently part of this behavior was fixed as it was happening within open 3dsMax scene, that is fixed.

Procedure:
1) Adjust values from default to something else. For example "Fabric_0001.vrscan" by default has both value at 0. Set to 1, export as Mat file (in my case to Connecter).
2) Reimport (in my case again from Connecter), these values are back to their default, for "Fabric_0001.vrscan" thus 0.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-02-14, 08:41:38
Reply #68

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Almost every time I load up a Corona scene I'm getting this error pop-up immediately.

(See attached)

It's curious because I continuously set the out-of-core folder to a different location (on the same c:/ drive). When I open my settings it has indeed reverted back to the one listed in the error message.

So why does my setting reset every time?
and what's with the error?

Thanks!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2023-02-16, 12:31:48
Reply #69

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Anyone experiencing crash during IR while moving objects in the scene ? Its probably related to ChaosScatter when exclude spline is used. Im trying to replicate it in empty scene now. Every project is randomly crashing if i change scatter settings or move objects. Everything will disappear from IR except sky and max will crash.

Another weird thing - clouds being "cut" in distance so they dont continue behind the horizon. I found its caused by volume effect. When turned off, its okay. It affects also hdr if there is sky in CoronaSelect slot.
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2023-02-16, 13:39:38
Reply #70

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Almost every time I load up a Corona scene I'm getting this error pop-up immediately.

(See attached)

It's curious because I continuously set the out-of-core folder to a different location (on the same c:/ drive). When I open my settings it has indeed reverted back to the one listed in the error message.

Thanks!
Hey,

That's strange, does it reset every time you open 3ds max? Or is it somewhat more random than that?

I also didn't see that error message before, just to double check do you have enough free space?

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-02-16, 13:40:38
Reply #71

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Reproducable "bug" (but perhaps limitation) of ChaosScan Parallax and Bump multiplier resetting to default values open re-importing them as saved .MAT file.
Recently part of this behavior was fixed as it was happening within open 3dsMax scene, that is fixed.

Procedure:
1) Adjust values from default to something else. For example "Fabric_0001.vrscan" by default has both value at 0. Set to 1, export as Mat file (in my case to Connecter).
2) Reimport (in my case again from Connecter), these values are back to their default, for "Fabric_0001.vrscan" thus 0.
Looking into this also.

(Internal ID=1058086837)
Send me your scene!

2023-02-17, 12:11:04
Reply #72

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Volume effect affecting corona sky or HDRi (if CoronaSky is present in CoronaSelect slot with HDRi)

Csky https://i.gyazo.com/c6023894b47326b72129a7edd704b5e8.mp4

HDRi https://i.gyazo.com/32f4530a28563472dd4675e1885bb1c8.mp4

Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2023-02-17, 12:34:58
Reply #73

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Volume effect affecting corona sky or HDRi (if CoronaSky is present in CoronaSelect slot with HDRi)

Csky https://i.gyazo.com/c6023894b47326b72129a7edd704b5e8.mp4

HDRi https://i.gyazo.com/32f4530a28563472dd4675e1885bb1c8.mp4
Hi,

This is reported on the forums already https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37552.0

We have it logged.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=955187094)
Send me your scene!

2023-02-17, 13:03:12
Reply #74

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

(See attached)

Thanks!
Hey,

That's strange, does it reset every time you open 3ds max? Or is it somewhat more random than that?

I also didn't see that error message before, just to double check do you have enough free space?

Cheers,

Rowan

After about 2 weeks of this error, it seems to have stopped happening by itself.

No idea why or how... it's possible my max was crashing every time instead of exiting nicely, thus not saving my settings properly, but this still doesn't explain why the error was popping up.

So no need to worry about this for now. I'll let you know of any news.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/