Author Topic: Corona 1.7 - CMasking netrender error  (Read 8526 times)

2017-10-26, 16:13:48

Scuffi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Buogiorno all I noticed that with version 1. 7 CMasking_ID the channel is incorrect if you use Distributed Rendering.
It also happens to you?

Andrew

2017-10-26, 17:02:45
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is this happening all the time, or only sometimes randomly?
Can you send a sample scene to us? https://corona-renderer.com/upload

It looks like the nodes/node is rendering a black image.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-30, 12:47:00
Reply #2

Scuffi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The error was given to 5 different scenes.
Enter now for one of the scenes so that you can verify.
Thank you!

2017-10-30, 13:00:16
Reply #3

LUKEC3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi the same problem, i tnk because each node generate random colour different. ..on all scene, all view :)

2017-10-30, 14:38:59
Reply #4

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Buogiorno all I noticed that with version 1. 7 CMasking_ID the channel is incorrect if you use Distributed Rendering.
It also happens to you?

Andrew

Hi,
what CPUs do you have on master and on slave(s)?

2017-10-31, 12:22:02
Reply #5

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
yeah it actually happened to me aswell, my slaves are 2670v1, and main one is i7 7700k.

And also maybe somehow related, when I do region render with the DR active, it also renders the outside of the region with this kind of strips.
http://kezer.co

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2017-10-31, 14:02:45
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is there a chance you are rendering from a Vray camera?

2017-10-31, 14:37:23
Reply #7

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
If the question is to me, no, I always use physical camera
http://kezer.co

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2017-10-31, 14:40:00
Reply #8

Scuffi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there a chance you are rendering from a Vray camera?
No physical camera

2017-10-31, 14:49:25
Reply #9

Scuffi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I did a test with CoronaCamera does not even render

2017-11-04, 20:06:01
Reply #10

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
I'm also getting weird results with the CMasking_ID and CShading_SourceColor pass when using DR in 1.7. No matter the scene and both with phys+corona cam. All works good if I only render locally or on the node via backburner. So it's a DR problem for sure.

Main PC = single xeon
Node = dual xeon

My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2017-11-04, 21:31:58
Reply #11

Marijan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same problem here, only on albedo pass, other elements render fine on same image.
Using DR in Corona 1.7. Dual Xeon as main pc and i7 as render nodes.
Rendered in batch render with standard camera.

2017-11-14, 11:05:24
Reply #12

DotDesignStudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

We have the same problem. Win 7 sp1 + max 2018.3 + corona 1.7. i7-6600k, i7-4700k, i7-3930k, i7-820. While rendering with Distributed Rendering the light somehow interferes with CMasking_ID, CGeometry_NormalsShading, and few more. The same scene rendered using backburner without Corona DR renders just fine on each rendering node. This problem makes corona 1.7 useless.

After checking EXRs that are effect of "[DEBUG] Save sent images" i can tell that they are fine. No interference is visible.

It is not just that - there is also a visible increased noise in render passes along those interference lines. Interior rendering with 300 passes has bands of slight noise. The rest is just clean.

Best regards,
Mike.

2017-11-15, 13:39:37
Reply #13

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
"Masking/other render elements coming out mixed with some other kind of image - like focus sampling mask or beauty"

To all users experiencing this:

1) Make sure you are not using V-Ray cameras in your scene, or any other part of V-Ray or other renderer. In case you are using a V-Ray camera, or any other non-native 3ds Max/Corona object, please remove it, and see if the issue persists.
2) Is V-Ray installed on your render node(s)? If so, please try re-installing V-Ray, and see if the problem persists. If it does, please try uninstalling V-Ray completely on the workstation and on the node(s). Then see if it helps.
3) If none of this is helping, please contact us here https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with a description of the problem, example image of what you are getting, and all DR logs - here is how to get them: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002065

Just a note: we are not sure if this has anything to do with V-Ray, but it seems that in at least two cases the solution was to either re-install V-Ray, or to stop using V-Ray camera. It could as well be a false trail, but in such case maybe we will be able to find the correct one.

Another idea:
Make sure there are no leftovers from an older version of Corona on your PCs - go to Windows "Programs and Features" list, uninstall Corona Renderer, and then install 1.7 again. Make sure 1.7 is installed on all computers taking part in DR, and make sure that you are using DR server 1.7 on all of the nodes.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-15, 14:35:24 by maru »

2017-11-18, 12:46:30
Reply #14

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
"Masking/other render elements coming out mixed with some other kind of image - like focus sampling mask or beauty"

To all users experiencing this:

1) Make sure you are not using V-Ray cameras in your scene, or any other part of V-Ray or other renderer. In case you are using a V-Ray camera, or any other non-native 3ds Max/Corona object, please remove it, and see if the issue persists.
2) Is V-Ray installed on your render node(s)? If so, please try re-installing V-Ray, and see if the problem persists. If it does, please try uninstalling V-Ray completely on the workstation and on the node(s). Then see if it helps.
3) If none of this is helping, please contact us here https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with a description of the problem, example image of what you are getting, and all DR logs - here is how to get them: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002065

Just a note: we are not sure if this has anything to do with V-Ray, but it seems that in at least two cases the solution was to either re-install V-Ray, or to stop using V-Ray camera. It could as well be a false trail, but in such case maybe we will be able to find the correct one.

Another idea:
Make sure there are no leftovers from an older version of Corona on your PCs - go to Windows "Programs and Features" list, uninstall Corona Renderer, and then install 1.7 again. Make sure 1.7 is installed on all computers taking part in DR, and make sure that you are using DR server 1.7 on all of the nodes.

This happens with both phys and corona cam. Wasn't an issue prior to 1.7. Has been like this since the daily builds and still persist after clean 1.7 final build on both workstation and rendernode.  Images renders fine when just using workstation or the node via backburner (no DR). Will try and send you some DR logs.
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog