Author Topic: When IR is active unable to save to Material Library  (Read 2842 times)

2018-06-05, 14:35:39

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Today I noticed that when IR is active, when I choose the "Put to Library" command from the Material Editor the software doesn't performs correctly the command. It doesn't save the material to any library. When I stop the IR process everything works as usual.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-09-14, 11:49:00
Reply #1

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
I can't reproduce this in 3ds max 2016 - 2019 with Corona 2. What version of Corona is being used?

2018-09-17, 14:28:10
Reply #2

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I can't reproduce this in 3ds max 2016 - 2019 with Corona 2. What version of Corona is being used?

Hi!

I use Corona 3.0 and I can reproduce it unfortunately.

- Create a new material library.
- Create a new material in the material editor.
- Start IR.
- Save the material to the library and check with the map/browser utility and you'll see the material is not saved into the library.
- Stop the IR, resave again and the material is now saved.

I can replicate it all the time.
Let me know if something is not clear to you. :)

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-09-17, 16:28:40
Reply #3

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
I tried it just now, in 3ds max 2019 and it's working fine. The material is saved properly. I tried everything I could think of to reproduce it and no go. This is on the latest daily build (14/09).

The material is showing up in the library, both immediately and after saving and loading the new library. Same when not using the Slate mateditor (also simpler because I don't have to explicitly create a new material library).

Then again, I also have tweaks applied from here: http://www.peterguthrie.net/blog/2013/01/3dsmax-annoyances-no-1 so I don't have to bother with the useless new material lister. Maybe it's because of the tweaks that it works for me? These tweaks are applied on all 3ds max installs I have (2016 - 2019).

2018-09-17, 16:32:56
Reply #4

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I tried it just now, in 3ds max 2019 and it's working fine. The material is saved properly. I tried everything I could think of to reproduce it and no go. This is on the latest daily build (14/09).

The material is showing up in the library, both immediately and after saving and loading the new library. Same when not using the Slate mateditor (also simpler because I don't have to explicitly create a new material library).

Then again, I also have tweaks applied from here: http://www.peterguthrie.net/blog/2013/01/3dsmax-annoyances-no-1 so I don't have to bother with the useless new material lister. Maybe it's because of the tweaks that it works for me? These tweaks are applied on all 3ds max installs I have (2016 - 2019).

That's very weird... Would be nice to check with a PC which doesn't have the tweaks in this case.
I'll check right away with my assistant's one and I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-09-17, 16:34:50
Reply #5

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

I confirm the same bug with another PC as well.
Corona 3.0 is installed.

Dionysios -
That's very weird... Would be nice to check with a PC which doesn't have the tweaks in this case.
I'll check right away with my assistant's one and I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-12-19, 10:24:13
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can't reproduce it here either. Dionysios, can you record a video showing what exactly you are doing? (e.g. are you using Slate or Compact material editor? I did not find this info)
Thanks in advance.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-12-20, 16:28:10
Reply #7

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Can't reproduce it here either. Dionysios, can you record a video showing what exactly you are doing? (e.g. are you using Slate or Compact material editor? I did not find this info)
Thanks in advance.

Hi Maru,

I'll prepare the video and send it here in a while.

Thanks!

Dionysios -

2018-12-20, 17:15:00
Reply #8

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi guys, here is the link with the video I did here (fast) where you can see the problem:

When the IR is running, the material can't be saved in a material library.

LINK: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArWIfyOfVovjxh6oi92htoWgNie-

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2019-03-01, 13:54:31
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi Dionysios, sorry for the delay, and thank you for an amazing video recording! If only all user reports where that clear!! :)

I have managed to successfully reproduce this with the newest daily and 3ds Max 2019, BUT the material is actually saved into the library - the list is just not refreshed. So if you stop IR and put one more material into the library, it will get refreshed, and you will actually see 2 new materials. So the saving is done, just the list is not updated. We will look into it anyway, but I guess this is a 3ds Max limitation, where it cannot render the thumbnails while actual rendering is running.

(internal id=324890410)
« Last Edit: 2019-03-01, 15:13:04 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-03-01, 15:08:12
Reply #10

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi Dionysios, sorry for the delay, and thank you for an amazing video recording! If only all user reports where that clear!! :)

I have managed to successfully reproduce this with the newest daily and 3ds Max 2019, BUT the material is actually saved into the library - the list is just not refreshed. So if you stop IR and put one more material into the library, it will get refreshed, and you will actually see 2 new materials. So the saving is done, just the list is not updated. We will look into it anyway, but I guess this is a 3ds Max limitation, where it cannot render the thumbnails while actual rendering is running.

Hello Maru and thank you for your nice comments!

I had the same thought, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't a Corona issue related to the IR process.

Thanks again,

Dionysios -