Author Topic: Make rendering UHD cache to file simpler.  (Read 1794 times)

2016-11-06, 23:47:05

Jakubie

• Users
    • View Profile
It will be nice if there will be a button to render only UHD cache, for example in UHD Cache Rollout.
Now to do that i have to set render time to one second (it makes almost blank images in output that shouldn't be created in this case). Then to render final footage i need to change render limits back to normal, change from "try to load+append" to "load from file" and delete rubbish 1 second frames (or choose to overwrite them). It could be simplified i think.

Making cache file is bit confusing right now.
"Try to load + append" doesn't say that it will create a new file when there is no file to load. Maybe it should be renamed to something like: "Create or Update".
Sometimes i forget to switch from "Discard" to "Save to file" when creating cache. Maybe it should be set to Save by default? I mean in case you choose load+append option.
I presume that using load+append is intended to use in animation only, and to make animation cache properly u should use Animation (flicker free) preset, right? If thats true, maybe it should also change preset automatically?

Example of workflow i'd like to see:
1. Choose in which frames i need to calculate cache.
2. Change from "Calculate from scratch" to  "Create or update" and i choose location where i want it to be created.
3. Corona automatically switches preset to Animation (flicker-free) and changes from Discard to Save after render. (but i stiill can change it for tests or something)
4. Use beautiful newly created "Render UHD only" button.
5. When it's finished, corona automatically changes from "Create or update" to "Load from file". (in case i want to append more frames i just switch it back to create or update).
6. Choose frames range for final rendering.
7. Hit render
8. Done!

What do you think?

2016-11-07, 13:08:33
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Not sure about the specific method described here, but I vote for some kind of simplification of this, also based on user feedback.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us