Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088517 times)

2013-04-03, 00:33:11
Reply #60

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
I actually never found a way to get 2sided glass effect in Vray. If someone knows a way, i would appreciate it. :) I tried plugging glass material in Vray2sided, but i got some crazy results :)

Only one way - use fresnel falloff in opacity. Not use refraction. And increase ior for more visible reflections.

2013-04-03, 09:55:22
Reply #61

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
That will not give me inner reflections :) And there will be still refraction on edges... That will not result in Twosided glass as known from mentalray or Corona

2013-04-03, 14:45:52
Reply #62

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
That will not give me inner reflections :) And there will be still refraction on edges... That will not result in Twosided glass as known from mentalray or Corona

2013-05-24, 11:38:18
Reply #63

jadams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

bit of a newbie here.

I took an old scene I made using Mental Ray and Standard Materials and tried to run the material convertor over it.  It seems to have failed (as my scene renders out red.)

I suspect it's me, that I've not done something correctly - but thought I'd ask if the script output any form of "log" to give any indication of what I've done wrong?

Thanks.
Joe

2013-05-24, 11:49:38
Reply #64

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
hmm...strange :-/
There is indeed a "hidden" check function but only to catch conversion errors, not basic "it's not converting at all" - errors. It's pretty old and I didn't use it for a while, so I'm not sure if it's still working as expected. You can activate this function with editing the scriptfile:

Set this line to true (right at the beginning of the file, after the comments. It will print some stuff in the listener if there is a problem.
Code: [Select]
CorConvDEBUGmode = false  -- Set this to true if there are any problems with converted Materials and re-run converter with orig. Materials
I'm, however, pretty certain that there must be some other problem here. Is the Script running correctly? Any popup errors or some red stuff in the maxscript listener (the pink field in the bottom left corner)?
Be aware that the Script currently only covers MR_ArchAndDesign & MR_Carpaint (concerning mental ray) If you use any other specific mental ray stuff it will be ignored.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-05-25, 00:15:06
Reply #65

jadams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I too think I am probably the problem - it's too much to be a genuine issue.

I've copied the script to the \scripts folder
Within max, I open up my scene
Goto maxscript menu
Run Script
Select the script
Then click convert.

No errors or popups.

I tried it again clicking the reset prior to clicking the convert - got the same results.

I'll try putting in the line and will post back what happens (unless there is something I've missed above - well actually there is, as I've not disabled any of the daylight stuff.)

2013-05-25, 00:43:38
Reply #66

jadams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No errors shown - one thing I have noticed is that in the material editor, some materials (eg wood) are shown with small previews, but when I try to use them I get a circle full of red...

2013-05-25, 01:52:50
Reply #67

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
hm... ok, weird. Can you save 1 or 2 of those problematic materials and send it to me? It would be way easier to debug for me ;)

2013-06-12, 17:32:20
Reply #68

davetyner

Thank you for this! I am working on adding AD Material functionality.

2013-06-12, 20:34:37
Reply #69

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Nice! Let me know when you've finished the functions. I will then implement them in the latest version of the script :)

2013-06-13, 02:07:22
Reply #70

davetyner

I am not sure if you didn't include it on purpose but if you didn't, I can see why!  :D

2013-06-13, 09:59:15
Reply #71

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I am not sure if you didn't include it on purpose but if you didn't, I can see why!  :D

hahaha, yes, there is a reason... how many materials with different interfaces did you find :-D ?

2013-06-13, 19:51:49
Reply #72

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
New Version:

changelog:
*v0.14
  • added "VRayNormalMap" conversion
  • added "Normal Bump" conversion
  • removed VrayHDRI conversion since Corona can render them
  • changed VrayMtl conversion: sets CoronaMtl reflection ior to 999 if VrayMtl's reflection fresnel is deactivated
  • Vray2SidedMtl conversion sets "twosided (thin)" material mode in resulting CoronaMtl

Please test the normal map conversion. I don't have a lot normal mapped stuff here but there are not many parameters (2) to do something wrong  :D
« Last Edit: 2013-06-13, 19:58:55 by DeadClown »

2013-06-13, 19:56:33
Reply #73

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the "disabled" value of fresnel IOR is 999, maybe you should set it to this value instead of 50
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-06-13, 19:59:32
Reply #74

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Aye Sir!
changed it to 999 :)