Author Topic: Monitor Calibration  (Read 5259 times)

2014-01-15, 21:55:06

zouhair_psi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi, i wanna share with you this tutorial to know if your lcd monitor is calibreted or not :)

Monitor Calibration Tutorial for Win7 and QuickGamma

hop it will help and share your result

2014-01-15, 22:18:54
Reply #1

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You know your monitor isn't calibrated if you haven't calibrated it in last 6 months.. Here's how actual calibration looks like

And even that is only software calibration cause U2412m doesn't support HW calibration..

2014-01-15, 22:30:29
Reply #2

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
here take rather this color discrimination test for fun :D http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?pageid=77&lang=en

the aim is to score 0 that means your color discrimination is good.

On my older monitor I failed miserably :D:D lol... I tought i'm colorblind or something. Bought I new one, calibrated it and now it's 0 every time :D

(of course this still doesn't mean your monitor is calibrated correctly, it's just for fun)

2014-01-16, 11:40:30
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Woohoo, 0 on my cheap never-calibrated Fujitsu-Siemens! :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-01-17, 00:21:42
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
here take rather this color discrimination test for fun :D http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?pageid=77&lang=en

I have my doubts how calibration could affect the score, as it would only offset the hues/tones, but not the hierarchy between but I guess maybe it can.

I don't remember my exact score, but it was low...like 50 (though I have 2 friends who were below 90). And yes, I am colorblind between red and green, just like 10perc. of guys :- ) Veronika was zero, that's why she chooses colors.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-01-17, 01:27:28
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I have my doubts how calibration could affect the score, as it would only offset the hues/tones, but not the hierarchy between but I guess maybe it can.
Because with bad calibration/bad monitor multiple colors could be displayed exactly the same
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-01-17, 02:35:36
Reply #6

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I don't remember my exact score, but it was low...like 50 (though I have 2 friends who were below 90). And yes, I am colorblind between red and green, just like 10perc. of guys :- ) Veronika was zero, that's why she chooses colors.

I only mentioned that test as a more fun way to waste time cause eyeballing some basic setup in windows is...