Author Topic: RawComponent*SourceColor = BUG - For Reflection and Translucency channel  (Read 1384 times)

2018-02-15, 19:38:49

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Hello,

some time ago I discovered a bug in the Translucency RE:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=12679.msg82030#msg82030

Today, I tried again with the new release of Corona, but, the problem, now, is also inside the Reflection channel.
I want to explain, because it's not so easy to understand:

As we know

--- CESSENTIAL_Reflect = Components_Reflect_DIRECT + Components_Reflect_INDIRECT ---

But, also

--- CESSENTIAL_Reflect = RawComponent_Reflect * SourceColor_Reflect ---

Well, we can recreate the BEAUTY by the sum of all CESSENTIAL. And, Corona does a good job =)
We can recreate the BEAUTY with be sum of CShading_Components. And, Corona, again, does a good job =)

But, it's not possible to recreate the BEAUTY by the sum of RawComponent*SourceColor channels (Diffuse+Reflect+Refract+Translucency)!
Why? Because if I compare the Reflections and Translucency layers (RawComponent*SourceColor) with the CESSENTIAL, they are different. I mean

(*) RawComponent_Reflect * SourceColor_Reflect is not the same and CESSENTIAL_Reflect  .
(*) RawComponent_Translucency * SourceColor_Translucency  is not the same and CESSENTIAL_Translucency .

You can download the 32bit file composition in this link. The psd file is already done to "play"with all layers.

--- DOWNLOAD ---

2018-02-15, 21:00:06
Reply #1

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Mmm.. I think that I understand where the problem is: the strong HDRI as a background.
In some "way", the HDRI is so bright and it creates problem in the multiplication (RAW*SourceColor).

2018-03-05, 12:48:17
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maybe this is something related to image filtering? Have you tried doing the same thing with filtering and AA globally disabled?
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516183
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us