Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

The most wanted feature?

<< < (200/231) > >>

Frood:

--- Quote from: triget on 2022-05-25, 08:25:16 ---When will developers listen to users?

--- End quote ---

To some extend Corona war born because of listening to users :)

"GPU/Hybrid rendering": You have to understand that it is like buying a diesel locomotive and then crying for a solution to drive it by battery.

Good Luck

lupaz:

--- Quote from: Frood on 2022-05-25, 11:14:31 ---
--- Quote from: triget on 2022-05-25, 08:25:16 ---When will developers listen to users?

--- End quote ---

To some extend Corona war born because of listening to users :)

"GPU/Hybrid rendering": You have to understand that it is like buying a diesel locomotive and then crying for a solution to drive it by battery.

Good Luck

--- End quote ---

I never understood why that option was on this list in the first place. The official answer to that request was always that it isn't possible to develop (reasonably speaking). It's a complete redo of Corona.

agentdark45:

--- Quote from: Lupaz on 2022-05-25, 11:14:31 ---
I never understood why that option was on this list in the first place. The official answer to that request was always that it isn't possible to develop (reasonably speaking). It's a complete redo of Corona.

--- End quote ---

I get the reasoning behind why it's tricky for the developers but hear me out: CPU's are a dead end for render engines unless you have unlimited resources.

Lets look at recent shifts in the hardware space objectively. Lets take the Threadripper platform, the 3970x & 3990x are dead ends - single sockets that only lasted a generation and are now not even being made by AMD. AMD then decided to shaft everyone with "Threadripper Pro", costing 2x as much for just the CPU, then locked it down further forcing consumers to buy a full system from Lenovo. It's questionable whether AMD will ever make a non-pro "affordable" Threadripper again.

Current reports are intel are still scrambling around to get anything close to a 3990x.

Now lets look at Nvidia: you can get a 3090 for £1400 retail. You can stick as many of them as you want in any high PCIE lane motherboard going back generations, DDR RAM version agnostic. Reports are the 4090 is set to double the 3090 in performance.

With the above in mind, tell me objectively which method of rendering offers consumers/businesses the best generational leaps in performance, flexibility, upgradeability and cost?

Frood:

--- Quote from: agentdark45 on 2022-05-25, 12:04:57 ---CPU's are a dead end for render engines unless you have unlimited resources.

--- End quote ---

I don't want to discuss this because it means talking about a timeline where offline renderers may not even exist at the end.

But please quote properly, the statment you quoted was from lupaz, not from me.

Good Luck

agentdark45:

--- Quote from: Frood on 2022-05-25, 12:24:49 ---
--- Quote from: agentdark45 on 2022-05-25, 12:04:57 ---CPU's are a dead end for render engines unless you have unlimited resources.

--- End quote ---

I don't want to discuss this because it means talking about a timeline where offline renderers may not even exist at the end.

But please quote properly, the statment you quoted was from lupaz, not from me.

Good Luck

--- End quote ---

Edited my post to correct the quote. If offline renderers won't exist in the future...that's even more of a reason to get onboard the GPU train.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version