Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

The most wanted feature?

<< < (202/231) > >>

lupaz:

--- Quote from: Jpjapers on 2022-05-26, 13:14:03 ---
--- Quote from: Ondra on 2022-05-24, 09:08:21 ---Reset votes since new version was released and new ideas were added.
You can check the tentative road map for the next version here: https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-tentative-road-map-3ds-max

--- End quote ---

Just want to say that V8 feels like one of the best version updates the team has put out. Curvature map and decals alone have saved me hours every single week since I updated. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Is it safe to switch in  the middle of long, loooonng projects? When I switched a couple of weeks ago, and then back to 7, there were issues with LUTs or something like that.

TomG:
It's pretty much never safe to switch if there is even the smidgeon of a possibility you will at any point want to go back to an older version of Corona. Of course you can install and run old and new versions alongside each other, so new projects can be in new Corona, and ongoing projects can remain in previous version Corona. This means one long ongoing project doesn't have to stop you taking advantage of new Corona coolness in your other projects :)

lupaz:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2022-05-26, 17:07:28 ---It's pretty much never safe to switch if there is even the smidgeon of a possibility you will at any point want to go back to an older version of Corona. Of course you can install and run old and new versions alongside each other, so new projects can be in new Corona, and ongoing projects can remain in previous version Corona. This means one long ongoing project doesn't have to stop you taking advantage of new Corona coolness in your other projects :)

--- End quote ---

Right you are. Thank you.

Ondra:
We are currently preparing hotfix for v8, I counted 18 fixes there. The most serious one being problems with loading LUTs (incorrect format reported)

Jpjapers:

--- Quote from: lupaz on 2022-05-26, 15:41:59 ---
Is it safe to switch in  the middle of long, loooonng projects? When I switched a couple of weeks ago, and then back to 7, there were issues with LUTs or something like that.

--- End quote ---

I havent had any issues yet but i dont use LUTs in the frame buffer often. I just have a big use case for decals where i was having to make alot of composite materials and layered materials to apply texture elements very frequently and the curvature map for applying wear/dirt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version