Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Depth of field issues with reflections

(1/4) > >>

valwizard:
Hi all. I got an issue with highly reflective objects in foreground while using physical Corona DOF. The top of the foreground objects are still in focus which in real life camera will blur them according to a focal distance. Any suggestions?

maru:

--- Quote from: valwizard on 2015-08-03, 10:36:52 ---The top of the foreground objects are still in focus which in real life camera will blur them according to a focal distance.

--- End quote ---
Are you sure? ;)
Take a mirror and put it reeeaaally close to your eye. Do you see the reflected objects far away blurred or sharp?

About noise: please show your render settings. What kind of lights are you using?

valwizard:
it does not matter - the eye will blur it because it will be out of focus- eye could not have in focus FG and BG at the same time. and camera as well. But thanks for lightening this. For example if you use dof in post instead - the dof will be right. Strange thing. The fake dof is more realistic than the real one.

maru:
I wrote that to encourage you to check it yourself in real life. But below you will find a picture I have taken myself a minute ago, the string is just for reference - it IS out of focus so the mirror is out of focus too. Only "bg" is in focus. :)

My argument in such cases is always the same - without it you would be unable to see anything when using SLRs or periscopes. They have a mirror inside, and it is very close to your eye, right? Or you can also imagine that every flat mirror is like a hole, in which you see flipped reality. :)

Conclusion: Corona's DoF is real, fake DoF is fake.

romullus:
And if you don't believe in pictures i recorded a video :]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version