Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

proxies - add option to save with materials and textures

(1/1)

bs:
hi there,

this would definitivly be a cool feature...

thanks for consideration and also for some workflow tips to get stuff cool even without this feature - currently i save the material library seperat parallel to the proxie :/ time consuming and somewhat strange =)

AscotDesign:
If you proxy the model fully textured, then xref those proxy objects out you will keep the materials as assigned on the original model.

Hope that makes sense.

Andy

bs:
hi there

"xref thos proxy objects out" ok, =) ... i will try to make sense out of that...

what you mean is save the proxie as max file and in the other file where i want the proxy use a xref to link to that max file containing the proxie and the mat setup?!

AscotDesign:
No, I mean - select the proxies you've just converted - file - references - xref objects - then save the objects from there.

That will create a new max file with the proxies in that are still textured in the same way as the model that you converted.

Hope that is a little clearer :)

bs:
thanks for the explanation - i will work myself into this and see if xref´s can help me! but its a start

also i found connecter from designconnected.. maybe that can somehow help too =) seams like a good idea

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version