Author Topic: Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 39297 times)

2022-12-12, 10:16:44
Reply #45

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I removed last couple messages about Corona bump, since that has nothing to do with daily builds and there's already separate topic with discussion about that same issue: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=38682.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-12-12, 15:01:24
Reply #46

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As i said above im surprised nobody internally has had it happen. So unless someone can figure out the exact cause of the issue that causes the locking feature to be required, and video capture it that way, the chances of someone catching it when they happen to be screen recording are slim. I will try and keep a log of when it happens in future and what seemed to cause it.

With every bit of due respect, this is the first time anyone on the team has said that its never been able to be replicated internally across any of the requests/reports i linked to as far as i can see.

The tracker references i posted were all from threads specifically talking about locking the IR window size, not resolution. All of which reported the issue being the window randomly resizing after clicking back into it.

Hey, all good, I think we were all a bit tired and frustrated yesterday, sorry for that!

Sadly there are user cases which nobody in our team is able to reproduce, this is not the only one. Some common reasons for this are: using specific 3rd party software (e.g. remote desktop managers), using specific hardware (e.g. misconfigured BIOS, some specific mobo+cpu combo), using different system language, etc. In some cases even if we know all those extra details it just happens to the users, but not on our machines (and we have a large pool). This doesn't sound good, but that's what sometimes happens. That's why we are always super grateful for all the tiny details and video recordings.

Its not a problem, we all have days like that especially with software issues!

Perhaps it would be useful for the community and for the team to know which bugs you cant replicate internally and we can help crowdsource some further info. Maybe a stickied thread of 'Things we need more info on' would be helpful. That way we can know what to look out for.

Hi,

Let's try the exclusion method. Is what you see in the attached video the issue you are reporting or relates to it? "Resizing" can mean maximizing a window or "cropping" it by 10 pixels on each side.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2022-12-13, 12:53:02
Reply #47

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Let's try the exclusion method. Is what you see in the attached video the issue you are reporting or relates to it? "Resizing" can mean maximizing a window or "cropping" it by 10 pixels on each side.

Unfortunately not, its not windows edge snapping at play here. I have just managed on the off chance, to capture it. I tried to re-record at a higher resolution but i couldnt get it to happen again whilst recording.

This is the result of a single click on the vfb to bring the window back into focus.
It does not happen every time but as you can imagine, if youre waiting for IR to clear up so you can check something, and youre waiting a while. You very much might get on with something else in another window whilst its running.

So a single click to the VFB sometimes maximises it meaning you lose the VFB progress. This is especially annoying on high dpi monitors or in heavy scenes. I cant be certain but i think it may only happen when clicking inside the image itself and not on other areas of the vfb.

« Last Edit: 2022-12-13, 12:59:45 by Jpjapers »

2022-12-13, 16:12:23
Reply #48

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for the video. This is the expected behavior if you zoom in your VFB and double-click. Does it ever happen if your VFB is not zoomed-in?

Please note that I am not saying "you intentionally double-clicked and are tricking us!" but I think for some reason the single-click is registered as a double-click in this case. It could be an issue with our VFB (and may be fixed when we rewrite the VFB), it could be a hardware issue (mouse), mouse driver issue, 3ds Max issue, or something else.

Just an absolutely random idea:
Are you by any chance on an AMD system and have the fTPM option enabled in BIOS? Are you experiencing audio stutters? (e.g. the sound stutters when you are listening to music)
I am asking this, because there is a glitch with fTPM which results in this random freeze/stutter behavior and it might cause accidental double-clicks.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-12-13, 16:31:54
Reply #49

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for the video. This is the expected behavior if you zoom in your VFB and double-click. Does it ever happen if your VFB is not zoomed-in?

Please note that I am not saying "you intentionally double-clicked and are tricking us!" but I think for some reason the single-click is registered as a double-click in this case. It could be an issue with our VFB (and may be fixed when we rewrite the VFB), it could be a hardware issue (mouse), mouse driver issue, 3ds Max issue, or something else.

Just an absolutely random idea:
Are you by any chance on an AMD system and have the fTPM option enabled in BIOS? Are you experiencing audio stutters? (e.g. the sound stutters when you are listening to music)
I am asking this, because there is a glitch with fTPM which results in this random freeze/stutter behavior and it might cause accidental double-clicks.

Just checked and if im zoomed in and single click it when its in focus it doesnt occur. If i single click when not in focus, it maximises.
With regards to fTPM, Unless thats something enabled by default, i would guess its disabled. I havent ever experienced any audio stutters though.

2022-12-13, 23:14:22
Reply #50

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
This maximizing of the VFB is an intermittent issue that's been there since forever and it happens both when you middle-click the VFB when it's not in focus (might be zoomed-in or not) or when it's left-clicked (and not zoomed in) after it has been out of focus. In my case, it's usually the middle click, to pan the zoomed-in image.

fTPM is hardly the culprit (even though it causes occasional stutters, but they're pretty far in-between each others.

It's all in wxWidgets and is the same thing, or connected, to the exceptions wxWidgets sometimes throws when Max has not been in focus for a while and an element of the VFB (because VFB's the most common thing to click to focus) is clicked (any button or slider but NOT the window title bar. That doesn't cause it to randomly resize).

A workaround for the wxWidgets exceptions that pop up an error in the Corona error dialog is to just click on an empty area of the taskbar before clicking on anything in Max. Clicks won't be registered anywhere in the Max window until then. You may need to click a few times between the taskbar and Max though before it starts working again. I usually just set it to ignore the wxWidgets errors the first time they happen because they keep popping up at least once per session.

The rewritten VFB can't come soon enough...

It will likely get fixed when 1) the VFB is rewritten and 2) there is an option to actually just turn off the "double-click to enlarge/resize the VFB" functionality (which definitely should and should have been a toggle option).

2022-12-14, 13:41:51
Reply #51

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Logged making the double-click to resize feature optional. This could at least verify if the issue is related to double-clicks or not.

(Internal ID=1022187997)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-12-14, 16:58:40
Reply #52

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to add a further point, i dont think ive ever had it happen with a render thats actually running. Only ever in IR.

2022-12-15, 01:44:29
Reply #53

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
Just to add a further point, i dont think ive ever had it happen with a render thats actually running. Only ever in IR.

It's probably because the glitch is somehow connected to whatever procedure is checking and waiting for changes in the scene itself. Even though the Max interface is not (by default) frozen during a production render, it doesn't need to check the scene for changes and so the glitch is not happening.
In any case, this seems the most likely explanation.

2023-01-26, 01:16:55
Reply #54

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In the latest daily builds, I noticed a bug with region borders in VFB.

The cursor does not turn into arrows when approaching the region borders and does not allow you to change its size normally, creating a new region occurs without problems, problem noticeable only with editing the old one.
in the 9th stable release everything is fine
i use 4k 16:9 monitor, scaling in windows is 125%
image upscaling factor for interactive rendering is 1x or 2x, this does not change the behavior of the bug.
« Last Edit: 2023-01-26, 07:40:44 by marchik »

2023-01-26, 12:41:09
Reply #55

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
In the latest daily builds, I noticed a bug with region borders in VFB.

The cursor does not turn into arrows when approaching the region borders and does not allow you to change its size normally, creating a new region occurs without problems, problem noticeable only with editing the old one.
in the 9th stable release everything is fine
i use 4k 16:9 monitor, scaling in windows is 125%
image upscaling factor for interactive rendering is 1x or 2x, this does not change the behavior of the bug.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, I have the same behaviour here.

Will pass it on to the devs

(Internal ID=1043520285)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-02-01, 23:44:01
Reply #56

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are tonemapping camera controls planned for the Improved lister 2.0? I ask this because they aren't implemented on the newest daily build (2023.01.31).

2023-02-01, 23:47:47
Reply #57

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Are tonemapping camera controls planned for the Improved lister 2.0? I ask this because they aren't implemented on the newest daily build (2023.01.31).
Yes! A button to open tone mapping editor, maybe also reset, copy, on/off
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2023-02-02, 00:15:01
Reply #58

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes! A button to open tone mapping editor, maybe also reset, copy, on/off

Great Ondra!

Some suggestions if I may:

1. Set per camera resolution inside the lister with custom presets. (see https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33385.0)
2. To be able to add and delete the camera parameters necessary to adjust to ones workflow.

Thanks!

2023-02-02, 03:54:18
Reply #59

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey Devs

previous scene open on new daily, crashes.  Reverted back to previous daily, all good.