Author Topic: Corona Subscription Update by CHAOS  (Read 19512 times)

2023-02-03, 11:48:08
Reply #135

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
+1 on the story above, I think this is a story from many members here.

2023-02-03, 14:56:59
Reply #136

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hey, thanks for your response, ticket number is 82840. Cheers!
Ok thanks, leave it with us and I'll try and poke around.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-02-08, 12:58:43
Reply #137

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
eipi will already know, but for anyone else following the story, we have got everything working the way eipi wanted - that is, the way it should have worked. Sorry that it took some extra effort in pinging us here to get it resolved correctly. This is not the experience we want for our users. Thanks for your patience eipi while we got that straightened out.

As a reminder, if anyone is looking to move from an active monthly subscription with free render nodes that come from being a long time user over to annual, do not change anything on your account and instead contact https://support.chaos.com/requests/new with the request to swap over to annual and preserve your free nodes. If you do make a mistake though and try to change it yourself, that's not the end of the world, we can and do fix it up for you in response to a ticket about it (and without having to post here in the forums!).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-02-08, 17:08:30
Reply #138

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
eipi will already know, but for anyone else following the story, we have got everything working the way eipi wanted - that is, the way it should have worked. Sorry that it took some extra effort in pinging us here to get it resolved correctly. This is not the experience we want for our users. Thanks for your patience eipi while we got that straightened out.

As a reminder, if anyone is looking to move from an active monthly subscription with free render nodes that come from being a long time user over to annual, do not change anything on your account and instead contact https://support.chaos.com/requests/new with the request to swap over to annual and preserve your free nodes. If you do make a mistake though and try to change it yourself, that's not the end of the world, we can and do fix it up for you in response to a ticket about it (and without having to post here in the forums!).

Should this information not go out to all users in an email?  Apologies if it has done, I'm sorted but haven't seen any emails stating any of this and I only found out because I'm on here, so for those that don't use the forums perhaps?

2023-02-08, 17:21:20
Reply #139

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, this information was sent out to every Corona user and everyone was given 30 days to get familiar with the email and take action if needed. There were slightly different emails depending on the specific case (different license types, etc). But all the information and instructions what to do were there. This was sent out on the release of Corona 9, as part of the announcement that Corona 9 was released. We definitely would not make a change like this without directly notifying all customers.

2023-02-08, 17:23:17
Reply #140

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
(The email subject was "Changes to your monthly Corona subscription" or similar, depending on license type. It should be easy to find it in your inbox by searching for "Corona subscription".)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-02-20, 22:48:48
Reply #141

britbunkley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 I'm a dual citizen with New Zealand and USA family. I am a retired artist and art school professor on a pension, who until recently received education versions. So this is all a bit of a shock with a near doubling of the prices.

I hoped that I was to be “billed yearly $358.80” as advertised instead of $553.49 USD… as on my Wells Fargo and PayPal statements. Somehow it increased by over $100 when charged lots of both Euro and NZ GST. (I usually pay to state US tax...if any). I also automatically upgraded to Premium (with no refund apparently possible to downgrade). I didn't need the extras. I'm not sure about the "nodes".  I have only one desktop that I use. but I do use my laptop when traveling.

2023-02-21, 09:39:48
Reply #142

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
(The email subject was "Changes to your monthly Corona subscription" or similar, depending on license type. It should be easy to find it in your inbox by searching for "Corona subscription".)

Weird, I still can't find mine, I knew about the change though, i 100% got an email about that, I just meant did the email include notes about keeping render nodes and having to email support in order to do so.

Doesn't matter now, perhaps I deleted my email.

2023-02-21, 14:38:25
Reply #143

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The wording in the email was this:
"
If you would like to switch from monthly to annual to take advantage of the more economical annual pricing, while still keeping your additional render nodes, or if you have any questions or would like to make any other changes to your subscription, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
"

Hope that helps :) The "contact us" was a link.

2023-02-21, 14:43:23
Reply #144

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm a dual citizen with New Zealand and USA family. I am a retired artist and art school professor on a pension, who until recently received education versions. So this is all a bit of a shock with a near doubling of the prices.

I hoped that I was to be “billed yearly $358.80” as advertised instead of $553.49 USD… as on my Wells Fargo and PayPal statements. Somehow it increased by over $100 when charged lots of both Euro and NZ GST. (I usually pay to state US tax...if any). I also automatically upgraded to Premium (with no refund apparently possible to downgrade). I didn't need the extras. I'm not sure about the "nodes".  I have only one desktop that I use. but I do use my laptop when traveling.

Hi! I am not sure if there was a request for some action here - if there are any problems or questions though, please don't hesitate to open a ticket https://support.chaos.com/requests/new , the team there will be more than happy to explain anything that is unclear, make changes such as downgrading from Premium to Solo, and so on. Hope this helps!

2023-02-21, 15:44:50
Reply #145

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We already mentioned this multiple times here, but I will repeat it again: if anything is unclear to you (literally anything: about Corona features, something isn't working, you spot a bug, you would like a new feature, anything about pricing, licensing, invoicing,...) the best solution is to contact Chaos support at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
 In majority of cases we respond in less than 24 hours.

We are not some kind of office workers who will just tell you to fill in a document and stand in line. We will actually answer all your questions. Sometimes we use template responses, yes, because this makes our lives easier and otherwise it would not be possible to assist everyone. If you are not satisfied with an answer, let us know (here, or use some other channel, including starting a new support ticket) and we will double check everything.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-02-24, 08:34:13
Reply #146

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Maru
Thank you . I always get the answer in the end.
It's apprecaitred, it does not go un noticed.
Phil
Dell Precision T7910