Author Topic: Corona Subscription Update by CHAOS  (Read 19527 times)

2022-11-18, 10:07:42
Reply #90

RaidoViz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I live in South Africa and this price increase is extornate. !

I've supported and used this software since early 2018.
Never failed or paused my payment once in that entire time.

This removal of value and insane price hike.
Has priced this software out of my means as a single freelancer. (especially when one needs to remember all the other plugins and monthly subs one needs to maintain as a business.)

Chaos scans is anaemic and near useless in a production workflow.

I am afraid as a 5 year customer you've lost me.
Greed and short sightedness have no doubt value lower user count in favour of higher subs.
As opposed to the smarter route of volume of users.

This will be my last month.

2022-11-18, 10:31:06
Reply #91

RaidoViz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 RIP -
 I've grown my studio 3 people in this last year having been an avid supporter for 5.

You've not only lost my business but the business of my other team members.

2022-11-18, 19:27:55
Reply #92

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My honest feeling is that whoever is in now in charge of making these decisions, really doesn't care about losing the small companies/freelancers.  Pay up or go elsewhere is the choice.  And they don't care either way.  As long as they've got the big boys paying their fees, that's all that matters, you know, the ones with enough money already to not care about the price hikes.

This is what I got from "support" when I asked them to explain the logic behind the new pricing.

"Unfortunately I can't share what is the logic behind the new plans and their pricing. All I can share is that it is a decision of the higher management based on careful evaluation and taking under consideration various factors."

I literally have no choice but to pay, I'm in the middle of a live project and my renewal is up in 8 days.  They'll know that many of us will be in that situation though, and again I doubt they care.

2022-11-18, 20:38:41
Reply #93

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My honest feeling is that I'm being screwed over right now.

As long term users we invest in software not just in subscription but in terms of process and workflow and up until now its felt like the Render Legion Corona team has invested back in the user base equally and always communicated with the community well. Then this pricing and access change is implemented and badly communicated by Chaos and now I'm thought of as either a customer that has no choice but to pay Chaos to keep working, or as completely disposable. Which has never before felt like the case when interacting with the team here even if it has always been true.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-21, 11:21:08 by Jpjapers »

2022-11-18, 23:05:24
Reply #94

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I guess there's a reason for the saying "selling your soul"

2022-11-21, 11:07:41
Reply #95

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just had an email from Chaos promoting a Black Friday offer of 20% Annual Commercial licenses.  I assume this means we can use this offer when switching to annual premium plans?

2022-11-21, 13:18:34
Reply #96

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
Just had an email from Chaos promoting a Black Friday offer of 20% Annual Commercial licenses.  I assume this means we can use this offer when switching to annual premium plans?
"Save 20% on new annual licenses" I think the main keyword here is new :D

2022-11-21, 13:47:47
Reply #97

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well I'm currently on a month by month licence and I've never had an annual one, so if I  stop my current monthly and sign up to an annual one then it would be a new annual licence

2022-11-21, 17:26:13
Reply #98

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This is correct, you'd be cancelling an existing monthly subscription, and then purchasing a new annual subscription. (There'd be no refund on the monthly, as it would remain active until it's current expiry date, mind you). This also applies if you already have one annual subscription, and were purchasing a second one, for example, then the second one would be eligible - doesn't have to be the first time you've bought an annual, it just doesn't apply to any renewals of existing annuals. For those with existing FairSaaS nodes, as we noted on the release of Corona 9 if wanting to move from monthly to annual and not lose those, you'd need to contact us via https://support.chaos.com/requests/new rather than try to do anything automatically through the purchasing system, and that would apply here too.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-11-21, 18:06:53
Reply #99

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Tom - Unfortunately Chaos support just gives you a link to do it yourself. So that advise doesn't seem to be right, or maybe Chaos support need to be informed better?

This is absolutely Chaos!

2022-11-21, 18:38:48
Reply #100

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you specify that you have free FairSaaS render nodes attached to your monthly subscription, and you are seeking to move to annual while preserving those render nodes? They may not have checked if you didn't draw their attention to the free render nodes associated with your existing subscription. (For those without historical free render nodes, it is in fact possible to move from monthly to annual without raising a ticket :) )

2022-11-21, 18:49:47
Reply #101

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes  I did. And I referred to the advices from forum.

2022-11-21, 18:56:15
Reply #102

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Best thing then is to give us the ticket ID and we can follow up on the situation :)

2022-11-21, 19:03:53
Reply #103

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Because of this I haven't changed my subscription yet, and still wondering what to choose. But it sure would be nice to know how to do it correct without loosing my nodes.
I can find thr ticket ID sometime later if you still need it.

2022-11-21, 19:06:47
Reply #104

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The correct way without losing nodes is the ticket - if you do it manually, it will cancel your monthly with included nodes, and then purchase a regular annual like any new user without any continuation of the nodes. If you submit a ticket and it doesn't result in the move from monthly to annual being done for you, let us know the ticket number so we can investigate. Thanks!