Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Lens Constructor and Advanced Lens Effects

<< < (2/4) > >>

burnin:
Used to be possible, but now colored Aperture Custom shape isn't supported anymore (thus no CA w/ DOF).

marchik:

I think the time has come :D
 Dear developers, if you are still going to add this, can you please implement it not like in the V-ray, but with the ability to create longditudinal and lateral aberrations with front/back or left/right  green/magenta differentiation.

John_Do:
I'm really disappointed by the new CA post-FX in V-Ray, looks like a missed opportunity to get a nicely simulated CA. Results feel cheap and on the same level as simulating CA with PS Lens Correction filter.

https://youtu.be/Vf8T0XXQie0?t=541

BTW I like your proposal about a lens constructor, it would require a serious work on the usability side of things to match Corona ethos, but imo it seems logical at some point to go full speed with a simulated lens rather than adding another "easily breakable" post-FX layer. I guess a performance hit can't be avoided but maybe it be could negligible these days considering modern CPU compute power ? Something similar has already been created for Arnold : http://www.lentil.xyz

Octane also got Chromatic Aberrations support recently, and while it says it is a post-effect it feels like it fully uses the camera settings to generate the effect (some really exagerated examples but it's a new feature so I struggled to find more).

romullus:
I would happily take even basic chromatic aberration post effect, but advanced lens constructor would be fantastic to have. +1

marchik:

--- Quote from: John_Do on 2023-12-11, 10:02:40 ---
BTW I like your proposal about a lens constructor, it would require a serious work on the usability side of things to match Corona ethos, but imo it seems logical at some point to go full speed with a simulated lens rather than adding another "easily breakable" post-FX layer. I guess a performance hit can't be avoided but maybe it be could negligible these days considering modern CPU compute power ? Something similar has already been created for Arnold : http://www.lentil.xyz

Octane also got Chromatic Aberrations support recently, and while it says it is a post-effect it feels like it fully uses the camera settings to generate the effect (some really exagerated examples but it's a new feature so I struggled to find more).

--- End quote ---

great example with Octane, lens flares looks magical, exactly what I would like to see in Corona. It’s a bit of a pity that this all comes to us with some delay.

Although I remember how Octane showed some kind of separate fabric shader in their presentations and in the end I could not find it in the release version :D

--- Quote from: romullus on 2023-12-11, 10:48:04 ---I would happily take even basic chromatic aberration post effect, but advanced lens constructor would be fantastic to have. +1

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your response, romullus, I’m very glad that this topic has attracted attention again. After I initially created it, it seems to me that no one simply noticed it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version