Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149563 times)

2022-04-04, 09:46:26
Reply #570

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is reported but i cant save and load the tone mapping configuration file, well, i set to save and then when i load this it doesn't change any value, its like it doesn't load it, the lightmix configurations works fine, its the tonemap configuration file that doesn't.
Hello,

Was the tonemapping file created in an earlier build?

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-04-04, 11:28:44
Reply #571

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Obviously, Corona has a lot to offer and it surely gained a lot of steam by joining Chaos, yet from my subjective point of view - of someone that abandoned Vray years ago - it looks like Vray is slowly copying coronas features yet Corona is not doing the same vice versa.

I have to agree with Mike here. I too abandoned Vray years ago. Chaos bought Render Legion out of fear. Enscape too. I really don't like this way of doing business because it hampers progress. Those were my fears when the news came out and, from my point of view, they're slowly becoming more evident judging from the pace of new features. Cannot say I'm surprised. Chaos trying to monopolize the 3d rendering industry is just sad, IMHO.

Corona is still the best renderer for what I use it for, though.

Since we are moving towards Chaos this and that... can we also get ChaosFur into Corona? Will that work? When will it be implemented if ever?

Obviously, Corona has a lot to offer and it surely gained a lot of steam by joining Chaos, yet from my subjective point of view - of someone that abandoned Vray years ago - it looks like Vray is slowly copying coronas features yet Corona is not doing the same vice versa.

Best regards,
Mike

Sadly, I'm thinking opposite. I think Corona lost a lot of steam when joining Chaos, i'm following Corona from the beginning, and i know there is super talented devs in Corona, but man, with more money, more resources, more devs joining corona, help from chaos devs, i see only problems, version after version comes out not fully finished, bugs, missing release dates they set in Trello, before we had 2 versions per year, now 1 (anyway, i'm cool with this).
Cards listed on Corona Trello been first implemented in Vray then Corona, don't know if this was just timing, or Corona devs needs also to help with some stuff in Vray.
And on top of everything, I can't imagine Corona devs being able to release any version without this great community on this forum. They reporting all bugs, problems, and testing not-released software for free.
If anything, by now they should have caught up with Vray and have features that we missing from Vray and other engines.

I just hope that my post will not offend anyone, it's just my view on things. I'm still rocking Corona v7, and for what I use it I don't have any problems, except ram optimizations.
Hi Guys,

Please take these points somewhere else on the forums (general discussion for example).

This thread is ONLY to do with the v8 daily builds and issues found with them. These kinds of discussions here (whether valid or not) can cause issues reported to get lost in the noise.

Thanks,

Rowan.

My whole post was about the daily build, its partial review and questions regarding it.
I would appreciate it if you could give your opinion or acknowledge my post if possible. The Vray vs Corona part was 10%

Regards
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2022-04-04, 16:36:56
Reply #572

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
can we get or is there an option to have a "save as default" preset? I find it inconvenient having to load or add items that I like experimenting with for my typical workflow.

Also, I would like to propose a "Corona Legacy Vdb" Preset that loads all the tools that people learned to enjoy over the years.
As someone who often gets asked questions about the software and how it works, I can already predict lots of questions on the topic as it needlessly complicates the procedure.

Yes, people will have to educate themselves on this topic, but I have never seen corona as a program that asks you to figure stuff out, especially since most of the people I know don't even follow the news on your website and surely do not on your youtube. Typically I notice some people install corona as they have seen a tutorial online that was created in C5, C6, or C7 and the UI didn't require you to solve a puzzle back then.

Since we are moving towards Chaos this and that... can we also get ChaosFur into Corona? Will that work? When will it be implemented if ever?

Best regards,
Mike
Hey,

I wanted to respond to this seperately. I will log a request for a "save as default" button.

Can you provide some more info on what you mean by the following? I don't really understand.
"Corona Legacy Vdb" Preset that loads all the tools that people learned to enjoy over the years

I'll also log a request for VrayFur.

(Report ID=CRMAX-1489)
(Report ID=CRMAX-1490)

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2022-04-05, 10:31:40 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2022-04-05, 14:12:10
Reply #573

karoa

• Users
    • View Profile
Why the new color picker and the same temperature in the Corona color map give different results

« Last Edit: 2022-04-05, 14:18:41 by karoa »

2022-04-05, 14:28:10
Reply #574

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The opinion I was trying to convey in my first post is that Corona UI is somewhat unrefined in some places. Can't understand those blue arrows and bad placing at the right on the image I sent above. Seems that Tone Mapping Settings Editor accessed via "Edit" on camera controls is a copy-paste of what we have in Corona VFB without removing the arrow left of Tone Mapping, which doesn't serve any purpose. I know it's a little thing but to me, it kills the usability and pleasure of working with the software.

2022-04-05, 15:08:19
Reply #575

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Why the new color picker and the same temperature in the Corona color map give different results

I guess it's because it's sRGB in the colour picker and RGB in colour map.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-04-05, 18:12:35
Reply #576

karoa

• Users
    • View Profile

NO, the result color preview in the color map has given the value of sRGB, I think the color value corresponding to the temperature in the color picker is RGB, when the value of the color picker is linear (0-255), the temperature Set 3000K, you will find that the color value is the same as the sRGB color value of 3000K in the color map, why?
« Last Edit: 2022-04-05, 18:20:06 by karoa »

2022-04-05, 18:16:18
Reply #577

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

NO, the result color preview in the color map has given the value of sRGB, I think the color value corresponding to the temperature in the color picker is RGB, when the value of the color picker is linear (0-255), the temperature Set 3000K, you will find that the color value is the same as the sRGB color value of 3000K in the color map, why is this?

This is not something new. It was like that in older versions too. We have this logged as an issue, but no findings / answers / fixes / updates so far, sorry.

(Report ID=CRMAX-142)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-04-06, 02:09:18
Reply #578

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram

This is not something new. It was like that in older versions too. We have this logged as an issue, but no findings / answers / fixes / updates so far, sorry.

(Report ID=CRMAX-142)

This is not really an issue, but it seems that corona color picker is a little bit off in color temp conversion. the corona color map conversion is good enough comparing to black body raw data color in 10 degree.

I also write an osl shader recently for this conversion too using a very accurate algorithm as well it may worth a check by corona team:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36036.0
I will be really delighted if you check it out Maru.

2022-04-06, 10:35:19
Reply #579

Starline

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I've installed Corona 8 RC2, it works under max 2017 and 2014 but I can't load scenes made with Corona 7 Hotfix 1 in max 2014 anymore,
max is crashing. Works fine in 2017 opening 2014 scenes.

Same issue with RC3. In max 2014 I can merge a Corona 7 HF1 scene into a new one and it works (no crash and I can render), but if I save the new file (Corona 8 RC3) and I try to reopen in 2014 max crashes. have anyone this problem?

2022-04-06, 11:54:34
Reply #580

karoa

• Users
    • View Profile

NO, the result color preview in the color map has given the value of sRGB, I think the color value corresponding to the temperature in the color picker is RGB, when the value of the color picker is linear (0-255), the temperature Set 3000K, you will find that the color value is the same as the sRGB color value of 3000K in the color map, why is this?

(Report ID=CRMAX-142)

I checked that the color picker in version 7.1 has no such problem

2022-04-06, 15:56:34
Reply #581

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im not sure if its possible but could decals could be used as masks in other materials?
Potentially by having a material node that can select a decal in the scene and use its projection to mask something else?

2022-04-06, 16:04:00
Reply #582

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
here is my setting. English - US

Hi,

Could you send me a screenshot of this window please?

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-04-06, 16:17:06
Reply #583

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Im not sure if its possible but could decals could be used as masks in other materials?
Potentially by having a material node that can select a decal in the scene and use its projection to mask something else?

Having decals usable for individual maps is something we want to consider in v9 or v10
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-04-06, 16:46:03
Reply #584

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Having decals usable for individual maps is something we want to consider in v9 or v10

Thats great to know thanks. Decals are saving me so much time so thank you!