Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

Freeze using distributed rendering

<< < (3/4) > >>

maru:
Hello, what is your RAM usage when opening and when rendering this scene? For me, ust opening it took almost 32 GB of my RAM (and you mentioned that you have 32 GB as well). If you are running out of RAM, you should also see the Corona's "System is running low on RAM" error message.
If that's the case, DR and many other things may stop working and that would be expected. The solution in such case would be either optimizing the scene to use less RAM, or installing more RAM in your PC.
Here are some tips on optimizing RAM usage - https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000023310

AndreV:
Thanks! I will try to check it.
It is very strange because I have the same warning and error(61GB RAM needed) for 3 GB scene but DR works. But for 5 GB scene(61 GB Ram needed)but DR dose not work.

AndreV:

--- Quote from: maru on 2020-11-25, 13:49:17 ---Hello, what is your RAM usage when opening and when rendering this scene? For me, ust opening it took almost 32 GB of my RAM (and you mentioned that you have 32 GB as well). If you are running out of RAM, you should also see the Corona's "System is running low on RAM" error message.
If that's the case, DR and many other things may stop working and that would be expected. The solution in such case would be either optimizing the scene to use less RAM, or installing more RAM in your PC.
Here are some tips on optimizing RAM usage - https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000023310

--- End quote ---

Hello maru,

I have updated PC`s so now I have two PC with 80 Gb. I checked DR with 11GB file and rendering still freeze(no errors in corona log).

maru:
Hello, I have just created a support ticket 196509. You should get a message to your forum email address with more details. Let's continue there, as it will be much more convenient for both of us.
Let me know here or by email if you can't see the message or if you have any other questions.

jvo3dc:
We have the same thing here with Corona 6 hotfix 2 and max 2019. It does seem to be fully related to the size of the max file, since enabling or disabling compress on save can make all the difference.

- The freeze is consistent, it always happens if the max file size is too big and distributed is used.
- There is no freeze with the same file rendering without distributed.
- A partial workaround is to enable compression on saved file.
- 3 GB works and 6 GB does not, which makes me feel that a 32 bit int is used to transfer the file size, limiting it to exactly 4 GB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version