Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Feature Requests

Corona Layered Material + Multiple Displacement

<< < (2/4) > >>

iancamarillo:
I may be reading this incorrectly but cant you mix displacements with the corona displacement modifier using a custom map?

Dionysios.TS:

--- Quote from: iancamarillo on 2020-02-26, 23:38:23 ---I may be reading this incorrectly but cant you mix displacements with the corona displacement modifier using a custom map?

--- End quote ---

Is a bit complicated this issue.

You can use the Corona Displacement Modifier which in this case will be applied globally to all the Displacement maps which may compose a Corona Layered Mtl by using unfortunately the Mix map method, this is the only solution to combine multiple Displ. Maps under a Corona Layered Material. Then you can set individually the brightness of is Displacement Map to set it's height. Is a pain… Believe me…

iancamarillo:
yeh i tried it and it was kinda messy

Dionysios.TS:

--- Quote from: iancamarillo on 2020-02-26, 23:46:04 ---yeh i tried it and it was kinda messy

--- End quote ---

Is you can set up everything properly is seems to work. This is the only solution for now. The big problem is that I have a huge terrain area and I need to use 6 Quixel materials on it by using masks which I've produced with the help of World Creator.
Everything seems to work great except of this Corona limitation which slows down all my workflow. But there is no other solution for now, I need to proceed with it as it is, if not I am in trouble! :)

scionik:
yeah!
+100500
I really need it too.
Could you please add support to this function.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version