General Category > General CG Discussion

Help - how to create material for tile gradient walls

(1/4) > >>

Bormax:
Hi!
Need help to create gradient tiled wall material like the one on attached picture - 2 colors of tiles create gradient by different percentage of each color on certain part of the wall. There are many walls with this kind of gradient should have different heights, so manual creating masks is going to take quite much time which I don't have....
I will be very grateful for any ideas how quickly create mask which will control tile colors spreading
Thanks in advanced!

steyin:
I did a project with a gradient brick wall a while back. Ended up making a few materials with bercon maps/multitexture where each material was the same, just the percentage of maps/count was altered in the multitexture map.

The building was sliced into 8 tiers/floor heights, then the materials were where applied accordingly based off the percentage required for each tier.

Bormax:

--- Quote from: steyin on 2019-08-19, 19:46:36 ---I did a project with a gradient brick wall a while back. Ended up making a few materials with bercon maps/multitexture where each material was the same, just the percentage of maps/count was altered in the multitexture map.

The building was sliced into 8 tiers/floor heights, then the materials were where applied accordingly based off the percentage required for each tier.

--- End quote ---

Thank you steyin! Buildings in my project are not so high - 8 floors is maximum. I'll try to use different materials for each floor, as you've done. Hope gradient steps will be not very noticeable.
Thanks for sharing your idea!

Bormax:
Yes, your solution works fine for me in this project. This is what I've got using your method.
Thank you very much, steyin!

steyin:
Great to see and glad to help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version