Author Topic: Crazy noise when using an .HDR as reflections override  (Read 3719 times)

2018-07-27, 12:45:01

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Subject Line pretty much says it all, when I use a .HDR HDRI in the override slots I get a ton of noise as seen in the image below. Compared to just making an 8-Bit JPG out of the same file and using that. Additionally it takes about 4x longer to render if I use the .HDR file.

I've tested this with a couple .HDR files. Anyone encountering this?

2018-07-27, 14:22:53
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-07-27, 14:30:24
Reply #2

Dippndots

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Oh wow, how embarrassing, I totally forgot about that... Feel free to delete this mods.

2018-07-27, 14:45:03
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Unfortunately moving or deleting topics does not fix the issue as we have seen :) It's still there to some extent and it is on my personal Corona-all-time-glitch-highscore table.

Good Luck

2018-07-27, 14:48:04
Reply #4

Dippndots

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
You're right, just noticed that thread was moved to resolved bugs (presumably because it was replicable?)

2018-07-27, 15:16:31
Reply #5

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Maru registered the issue into the (public) bugtracker. To avoid duplicates, your thread was moved to "resolved".

Good Luck

2018-08-23, 17:57:57
Reply #6

Crazy Homeless Guy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maru registered the issue into the (public) bugtracker. To avoid duplicates, your thread was moved to "resolved".

Has this been resolved though?  I am experiencing the same problem in Corona 2.  Insanely intense fireflies when using a different HDR in the reflection override slot than what I was using in the GI slot. 

...What I did find is that is I use the same HDR in both the GI and the override slot everything renders as expected.  I haven't tested this on any scene besides the current one I am working on.

See attached images.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-23, 18:08:40 by Crazy Homeless Guy »

2018-08-24, 11:34:24
Reply #7

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it is on my personal Corona-all-time-glitch-highscore table.

Same here, this is one of the most annoying bugs for now. Sometimes I really don't understand how things are prioritized... We now it's broken for ages, come on guys! please!

2018-08-24, 11:58:52
Reply #8

Alexandre Besson

• Active Users
  • http://www.alexandre-besson.com
    • View Profile
    • Alexandre Besson portfolio

2018-08-24, 16:41:24
Reply #9

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same here. Also, I feel like this problem hasn't been as visible with earlier version and started to be harder to get rid of since 1.5 or so. Yes, please fix some of these long standing issues.

2018-08-27, 12:50:09
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It is not solved yet, but it is logged in our internal tracker with a good description and examples, and is planned to be fixed as a part of a larger overhaul. No timeframe yet. 
The thing is that such "light transport" problems are extremely hard to fix - it requires a lot of work and caution not to break some other things.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us