Author Topic: Corona ColorPicker - add "always on top" checkbox  (Read 1632 times)

2018-06-29, 11:14:17

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
What i mean about always on top is always on top of everything in windows. this is "topmost" property in dotnet form, but i dont know in qt.
With this i can easily pick any color outside 3ds max with pick color without resize / restore down my max window.

2018-06-29, 13:35:07
Reply #1

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What i mean about always on top is always on top of everything in windows. this is "topmost" property in dotnet form, but i dont know in qt.
With this i can easily pick any color outside 3ds max with pick color without resize / restore down my max window.

+++10

2018-06-29, 16:23:54
Reply #2

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Could you please describe your current problem in a bit more detail? Perhaps a list of steps you take and what exactly happens now (or even video) with description of what you want to happen instead. I kinda have a suspicion that what you are asking for won't fix your problem (if I understand it correctly) :)

With "always on top" the behavior would be:
1. You can hide the main 3ds Max window behind others & the color picker will still be visible on top
2. Whenever you click anywhere in the color picker window (including the eyedropper tool), the 3ds Max window will automatically come to foreground, obscuring other windows again

2018-06-29, 17:20:39
Reply #3

James

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Jamesmadethis.com
This would be a nice feature.

At the moment if you want to colour pick from a photo of website etc (anything thats not in the max window) you have to carefully position stuff on the screen so that you can use the colour picker and still get to the image you are picking from without 3dsmax blocking your image. Its a little easier with 2 monitors but still a pain, can imagine it being a total pain on just 1 monitor.