Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Feature Requests

Curvature Map

<< < (5/6) > >>

JoachimArt:
From my knowledge there's no such map is OSL which gives you a clean curvature map easily. Which one of the materials that come with max did you have in mind? Also most of the OSL maps don't work with corona.
THe only best solution I know of so far, is using the Corona AO map, which doesn't do a great job, its hard to tweak and its scale dependent, so if you change the size of the object you need to re-tweak the values, and its very hard to get clean hard curvature map with it, such as worn edges. Data channel also can extrapolate the curvature, but again very hard to work with. In Redshift the curvature map is a simple map you slap on and choose size and falloff + the ability to add a map for noise and such. It takes a second to add, this is what I wish for :)

sebastian___:

--- Quote from: JoachimArt on 2019-12-07, 17:35:03 --- Which one of the materials that come with max did you have in mind?

--- End quote ---

I have no idea, I haven't worked with OSL maps yet, but I read this discussion:
https://polycount.com/discussion/200320/3dsmax-new-2019-osl-shaders-for-edge-wear-and-curvature-map

JoachimArt:
Yes I've tried what they are suggesting, it doesnt make it any easier than Corona AO unfortunately. So not a viable solution IMO

pokoy:
OSL in Max unfortunately can't do it, no tracing or mesh query capabilities...

Ondra:
will be added

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version