Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Feature Requests

Curvature Map

<< < (3/6) > >>

karnak:
Partially. A dedicated shader map would still be a superior in my opinion because it would allow you to have the complete solution in the material. The Data Channel Modifier method instead splits the solution in two, since you have the modifier that is applied to the mesh and the vertex color map that is in the material.

kumodot:
Just touching this topic again.
   I've been away from Corona Forum for a good amount of time. I was moving myself and my family to another country (canadá) and i am working with Maya (bleh) and Redshift now. But i still using Max and Corona for comissioned and personal work.
   I am here just to say that Curvature Map works very well in Redshift and it adds a lot to the shaders. Not sure if everything there can be replicated using DataChannel only. The shader is a no-brainer in RS, just add and works, very easy and fast. I was adding it on a lot of my shaders on a recent work with a lot of displacements/bumps, etc.
    One of the main "problems" using it thru Data channel is when have a lot of objects to apply it. It's harder to manage a lot of modifiers on many pieces, instead of one single map/shader.

romullus:
Oh, i would love to see Corona's curvature map, but now it's even more unlikely to happen than before, given in mind that newest 3ds Max has its own solution through OSL.

JoachimArt:
Hi I would like to cast my vote into this request. I would love for dedicated Corona Curvature map. Using the Corona AO map for this is just very tedious and difficult, and with just a slight change in the models scale etc you have to re-tweak the numbers - so not very user friendly.
After testing out Redshift, which has a dedicated Curvature Map I now see how much I miss that opportunity with Corona.

Please Corona team, add this ! :)

FrostKiwi:
Isn't curvature map local to the object only?
That would make the usage of a curvature map as a dirt / war map less useful, since a lamp standing on a desk would have wear free base, as the connection lamp base -> table is global.
Only proper Global AO or baking AO does that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version