Author Topic: Will the new standalone give some life to the Blender integration?  (Read 76669 times)

2017-04-20, 16:45:28
Reply #120

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We have powerful standalone. We have great man to handle exporter very well and he says "i am doing this as an hobby".   Sad!

Dear Corona developers. I wonder what are you waiting for? You can sell your standalone officially and still you can call exporter  "alpha". Like, you know the name of the renderer...

If you are waiting for Interactive, ok worth it. But, others trying to develop exporter for Blender for almost 10 years or more???  And you are at the better place of them right now...

I wonder, what are you planning for "Corona for Blender"?  Thank you...

2017-04-20, 19:44:40
Reply #121

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We?
We have nothing but great gifts, so show some appreciation and understanding.

You? Aren't you happy? Are you missing anything? Then please, help testing, work with it, donate, spread the word...
Or even better, in return create & show something magnificent - artwork, tutorials, intros, film... show your imagination!
...  just, don't whine.

We all evolve & grow slow, so just be grateful that you're able to be here complaining.   
Even Blender is miniscule compared to other tools in the Capital Industry, luckily it's source is open & free.

Some of us don't strive on the material wealth, it's just another tool, as you may one day become ;)

PS
Am not indulging in further debate.
Off.

BTW
For product to be commercially viable (professional production ready) first must be practically proven in production... or risk to parish sooner than you can think of another paradox.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-20, 19:50:08 by burnin »

2017-04-21, 01:20:49
Reply #122

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
The Corona devs have been amazing in supporting the development.  I personally am not in a position to work on this as more than a hobby (family/full time work etc.).

The Corona/Blender community have been excellent with some stepping forward and supporting other users.

What we do need is people using this combination and providing feedback/issues/suggestions, this how it will improve and gain momentum.

I like the enthusiasm use it to show off what the Corona/Blender combination can do

2017-07-02, 23:33:52
Reply #123

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, Ondra!

Please, would you kindly update Corona Stand Alone build that is used for Corona Blender bridge?

Since the latest released from 2017-01-17 has few noticeable blockers (with IES lights, terminator/shading artifacts...) preventing more intricate testing and work on development. Although hobbyistic, it means very much to me (probably to few others as well).

Also Blender 2.79 (Release Notes & Test Build avilable) is on the way, opening a window to ride the wave.

TIA
and for everything ever since
:)
« Last Edit: 2017-07-02, 23:37:48 by burnin »

2017-07-03, 11:30:48
Reply #124

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi, Ondra!

Please, would you kindly update Corona Stand Alone build that is used for Corona Blender bridge?

Since the latest released from 2017-01-17 has few noticeable blockers (with IES lights, terminator/shading artifacts...) preventing more intricate testing and work on development. Although hobbyistic, it means very much to me (probably to few others as well).

Also Blender 2.79 (Release Notes & Test Build avilable) is on the way, opening a window to ride the wave.

TIA
and for everything ever since
:)

Hi,
any of the daily builds for 3dsmax contain the standalone in it, that is why I havent updated that folder
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-07-03, 17:02:47
Reply #125

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, i know, IIRC... version must be bought & licensed.
Still not an Autodesk's 3DS Max client. Tried once in 2004, left for good. Nevermind then ;)

For what I do to get by Blender/Cycles is just fine & dandy.
ie. Cycles 15min @ original2K on GPU

Am here more for a good spirit & in hope to help the Corona-Blender community. If things go well with it, i might subscribe.

2017-07-03, 17:44:36
Reply #126

Higashi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dude that's a nice clean image you got there. Does the floor have a normal map? I can't seem to get my normal maps to work at all and have any control over them.

2017-07-03, 21:35:30
Reply #127

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi & thanks for the compliment on the pleasing image :D
sincerely i can't see what others see in it, but as it brings cash and makes others happy i accept it as such.
It's just an example from Cycles used in commercial work. Simple bump map ;) and a good lighting did the trick for the designer's eye.
For me it's merely model-texture-composite & painting with light & shadow, finding the balance between time, client's wishes and my ego. Which is hard to satisfy, for it 'everything sucks!' Why i also don't show my works.

About Corona SA... would like to use it more, even commercially, but in state it is now, for me is not efficient... also has couple of showstoppers preventing bugfree production. So i help testing, providing feedback to the single volunteer developer when i can. Without motivational perseverance that blanchg (Glen) shows and hope that Joel gave when he started, this would be just lying dead.

Was also thinking about project based written tutorial... but too many times i hit the wall or some hurdle. Which i hate, as am not a competitor, but a visitor who wants to enjoy and share.  The above image is part of the scene i wanted (already started) to translate & share the process of... from old house photos (elders moved on) through envisioning a bright future for the young family moving in. ;)

BTW
I also have a Maxwell3 license, worked with VRay most of the time, but clients have changed. They demand more complexity (realism), have less time and are getting worse at communication, constructing, providing their vision. So it's basically Cycles (fast iterations) to the rescue.

Finally, it's getting hard to give life to something that starts sucking & draining it out. Like a stale water. Unless it's always flowing, it stays fresh, otherwise (stale) becomes poisoning as bacteria/bugs take over.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-03, 21:44:05 by burnin »

2017-07-04, 11:16:06
Reply #128

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

For me is the opposite, I was using cycles but corona saved me with difficult scenes, specially with the progressive, denoise and lightmix features.

Although Cycles has a denoise option, I always have to increase too much the samples to get rid of splotches, and play a lot with clampling. With corona almost always is fire and forget.

Of course there is some room for improvement, but I'm happy about how is this evolving.

Thanks all, specially blanchg.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-04, 11:21:46 by Asticles »

2017-07-04, 16:02:50
Reply #129

Higashi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would anyone mind just showing me a screenshot of their material node setup? I can't seem to find a setup that works well or have much control.

Funny you mention difficult scenes as in the middle of a project that I'm relying on Cycles for and it's taking much time to render anything cleanly even with desnoising. Was hoping I could use Corona but I don't know if it's ready..

2017-07-04, 22:50:19
Reply #130

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona

2017-07-05, 01:54:52
Reply #131

Higashi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Everything really. But for this case just a wood floor with diff, gloss and normal maps. Plugging the normal map into the bump slot seems to totally overpower the material and I have to set the strength to 0.001 in the node. This seems really odd.

2017-07-05, 09:27:12
Reply #132

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, for me bump power should be 0,001 or less.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-05, 10:22:57 by Asticles »

2017-07-05, 10:56:49
Reply #133

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yup, less than 1cm (0.01) :D
Keep in mind that 1 BU (Blender Unit) is equal to 1m and you'll be fine.

ps
IES is fixed :)

2017-07-05, 11:45:36
Reply #134

Higashi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah I see the0.001 power makes sense. I keep thinking Cycles method and it's throwing me curve balls.