Author Topic: Corona tests  (Read 55429 times)

2013-11-27, 13:48:45
Reply #15

alexisliza

• Active Users
  • yooohhh 3d
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Ok Bertrand, first test and my eyes are already burning so much
« Last Edit: 2013-11-27, 15:35:13 by alexisliza »

2013-11-27, 13:55:13
Reply #16

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Hi Bertrand and welcome.
It is increadible to see another great artist on the boat.
Nice closeups. I would be curious to see interior renderings and also exteriors from you made with Corona.
Hopefully you will give it a try!

best, Jakub.

2013-11-27, 14:25:56
Reply #17

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
He, came, rised the quality bar far beyond reachable and left everyone stunned.
Nice renders, as usual very inspirational, can't wait to see a full project made with corona and not just closeup shots.

2013-11-27, 14:35:40
Reply #18

JeffPatton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jeffpatton.net
Freakin' stunning work (as usual). 
Workstation: AMD Threadripper 3970x with 128gb RAM and 2x Titan RTX GPUs (win10 pro)

2013-11-27, 14:43:23
Reply #19

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
He, came, rised the quality bar far beyond reachable and left everyone stunned.
Nice renders, as usual very inspirational, can't wait to see a full project made with corona and not just closeup shots.
I add : he cames, rised the quality bar far beyond reachable, just read one post, gives his opinion and we disgusted, and left everyone stunned.
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2013-11-27, 14:43:49
Reply #20

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Bertrand,

these images are beautiful (for me, the La Maison is still top because of architecture though) and as I mentioned to you previously,
they lift the mood to see this after morning and motivate to new heights.

As we talked in Venice, it's not problem to contact me and ask anything, but as I see (and knew from beginning :- ) ..] I doubt you would ever need.

My utmost respect
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-11-27, 14:48:15
Reply #21

rickeloy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
These tests are simply gorgeous, Bertrand! It's really nice to see what you do with your old scenes using a new renderer. The one with the chair and the cloth near the window, originally rendered with Octane, is probably my favourite. One question regarding it: in that case in specific, how did Corona stack against Octane?
Cheers!
Rick Eloy

2013-11-27, 14:51:18
Reply #22

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
wow, that didnt take you long!

re: forest pro, the only thing that doesnt work, even with Alpha5 (i think) is the forest color map. I've asked the guys at itoosoft to look into it but might help if others add to the thread: http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=1857.0

and re: mightytiles, the non pro version works fine with corona, I havent upgraded to pro yet

2013-11-27, 15:06:09
Reply #23

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I asked the forestpack guys to reconsider, and I got a "will take a look" response. So please keep pushing them :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-11-27, 15:10:46
Reply #24

Sportler

• Active Users
  • Corona, yay!
    • View Profile
    • Carl Findahl
Well. These images are like. Divine. Surely a huge inspiration for me to keep improving in Corona. Absolutely fantastic work! Keep it up!

2013-11-27, 15:48:59
Reply #25

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thinks for the kind feedback everyone. That's what I call a warm welcome!

Now, you seem to have answered a lot of my questions already.

- The AO map as a substitute for dirt sounds good. I will give it a try.
- Camera modifier: I think my version of it did not have all these settings. Would that be in the dailies? If yes, how can I get access to these? Having something like a physical cam would make a huge difference to me.
- Forest: I had read about it supporting Corona, but i meant something slightly different. On the Itoo website, they mention the fact that Forest has a special way of instancing, which is available only in V-Ray and MR and not in the other supported renderers and which greatly increases the amount of instances one can render. Maybe it has little practical significance. I guess the only way to know is to stress-test it. RailClone would be a nice one to have as I've been using more and more lately...
- Good to know MightyTiles works fine. I should check these things properly before making baseless allegations. MultiTexture definitely does not, though. I'll try some workarounds for it.
- it's funny that there seems to be some scepticism about how the blend material works in Corona. I actually thought it was giving me more predictable results than the V-RayBlendMat. I even had the impression that nested Blends worked, but maybe i got that wrong. In any case, it would be nice to have a Corona specific solution for layered materials.
- I guess this leaves SSS and the 2sided material, which are hard to do without in many situations, but I'm happy to wait for those

2013-11-27, 15:51:41
Reply #26

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Thinks for the kind feedback everyone. That's what I call a warm welcome!

Now, you seem to have answered a lot of my questions already.

- The AO map as a substitute for dirt sounds good. I will give it a try.
- Camera modifier: I think my version of it did not have all these settings. Would that be in the dailies? If yes, how can I get access to these? Having something like a physical cam would make a huge difference to me.
- Forest: I had read about it supporting Corona, but i meant something slightly different. On the Itoo website, they mention the fact that Forest has a special way of instancing, which is available only in V-Ray and MR and not in the other supported renderers and which greatly increases the amount of instances one can render. Maybe it has little practical significance. I guess the only way to know is to stress-test it. RailClone would be a nice one to have as I've been using more and more lately...
- Good to know MightyTiles works fine. I should check these things properly before making baseless allegations. MultiTexture definitely does not, though. I'll try some workarounds for it.
- it's funny that there seems to be some scepticism about how the blend material works in Corona. I actually thought it was giving me more predictable results than the V-RayBlendMat. I even had the impression that nested Blends worked, but maybe i got that wrong. In any case, it would be nice to have a Corona specific solution for layered materials.
- I guess this leaves SSS and the 2sided material, which are hard to do without in many situations, but I'm happy to wait for those

As i said at the end of my post, functionality of 2sided material is (partially) provided by translucency feature of CoronaMTL... should be sufficient for things like paper sheets or leaves ;) And yes, Physical Cam is in daily builds, i will ask Keymaster to provide you with an access ;)

2013-11-27, 16:44:13
Reply #27

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
this is far from stress testing forest, but i just wanted to check the memory usage in forest pack in vray and corona

In both corona options, it used about 1050mb, in the vray one, 1200mb for the simple scene, and 1800mb for the dense one, no idea what happened to the render itself ??

2013-11-27, 16:50:52
Reply #28

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
46MRays/s, O_o? What kind of machine do you have, and does it come with its own nuclear reactor?

BTW: I have made some tests with 10 000 000 000 000 scattered polygons some time ago, but I cannot find it :/
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-11-27, 16:55:08
Reply #29

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Welcome Bertrand i knew you will come one day here cause Corona is just  amazing like you man !

Mindblowing renders as always, can't get enough of looking at it, please more more :D !