Author Topic: Arrington Shell Kitchen Interior  (Read 830 times)

2023-07-25, 11:22:32

Pikcells

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pikcells
It has been a little while since our last post, but here's one of our recent favourite interiors crafted for one of our kitchen clients. They wanted to showcase their cabinetry in more spaces than just the kitchen area, which allowed us to get creative with the brief and build a whole area to spend quality time with the family whilst still maintaining the contemporary luxury aesthetic. 

Our vision for the interior was to create an open plan kitchen and living space connected with the outdoors, giving a greater impression of space. Our designers used expansive floor-to-ceiling windows to flood the space with natural light. Modern furniture with organic textures create a cohesive ambiance that blends home comforts with the tranquility of nature, inviting the natural beauty inside.

More of our work for this client & higher-res images > https://www.pikcells.com/clients/uform

2023-07-25, 15:24:58
Reply #1

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Great lighting and color pallete as always !

2023-07-26, 10:33:44
Reply #2

Pikcells

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pikcells
Great lighting and color pallete as always !
Thanks, I'll pass on the positive comments to the interiors team.

2023-07-26, 13:47:00
Reply #3

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it just me or is every single image either out of focus or blurred? I might need to clean my glasses

2023-07-26, 16:26:58
Reply #4

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@James – There is definitely some creative choice to use depth-of-field in these shots.

These look great. Curious if you modeled everything or did the client provide 2D or 3D files?

My only tip is from a graphic design perspective. On the detail shot showing the cabinet handles, I would alter the angle ever so slightly. Just enough so the lines of the hands don't lineup with the lines of the doors. It's a small change, but it can add to the depth of the shot. In graphic design, those are called tangents. If two items are very close to each other, either space them apart more OR overlap them with purpose.

My two cents.

2023-07-27, 09:56:41
Reply #5

Pikcells

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pikcells
Is it just me or is every single image either out of focus or blurred? I might need to clean my glasses
It's probably the compression used on our website / image hosting, we've been trying to make our site a bit snappier but maybe the developers went a bit over the top with the compression settings.

2023-07-27, 10:09:55
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
It's not that, you accidentally uploaded too low-res images :- ) Only 1000px, which is less than the forum will stretch them on average desktop resolution.
The images have 5000x3333px in name, but they are the dreaded webp format, which is absolutely amazing for direct website use (we also use them), but don't use them anywhere else, like on archaic website forums :- ).

It's best to export dedicated jpegs for forum & behance and not reuse the ones for web.
Did you download these from your own web? If so, before doing so, you have to click to enlarge them, then the browser will let you download the full 5000px file. Otherwise the main page will downsize it for you automatically.
Your website does everything correctly, it's the browser who forces aggressive dynamic scaling even taking into account virtual resolution (physical x scaling). Nothing can be done about that...

Actually, whoever uploaded the files to your web definitely knew what they were doing. High-res & highly compressed is the best way (5000 px image at 1MB), as opposed to low-res and low-compressed (like 2K at 2MB). This way the images are crystal sharp when zoomed in and future-proofed for any hi-dpi display.

The high-res files from your web are stunningly sharp and detailed! Just like I like it.
« Last Edit: 2023-07-27, 10:19:51 by Juraj »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-07-27, 10:26:56
Reply #7

Pikcells

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pikcells
These look great. Curious if you modeled everything or did the client provide 2D or 3D files?

My only tip is from a graphic design perspective. On the detail shot showing the cabinet handles, I would alter the angle ever so slightly. Just enough so the lines of the hands don't lineup with the lines of the doors. It's a small change, but it can add to the depth of the shot. In graphic design, those are called tangents. If two items are very close to each other, either space them apart more OR overlap them with purpose.

We try to make our scenes fully 3D where we can, obviously some parts get retouched and elements added where needed. Most assets for the scene are already in our library, we've been creating CGI for 20 years now so that asset library is pretty comprehensive. Anything we don't have, or that the interiors team include in their design as a new prop gets modelled by our 3D artists (or occasionally bought if theres a good quality model online).
As for the cabinetry and textures, we create all that in house to show off the product as accurately as possible.

The detail shot of the cabinetry / handle was intended to show the wood grain, unfortunately the image compression on our server didn't do this justice, but at higher resolution it works a bit better. I'll pass the comment on though to the 3D team.
Higher res > https://tinyurl.com/arringtonshellkitchen

2023-07-27, 12:07:00
Reply #8

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah now I see, much better on your website, very clear! Great lighting, composition and colors well done!